Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Best Polished/Chrome CAI w/o tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Triple T
1st Gear Member

I also think Brenspeed is the way to go. Im tempted to go with JLT so I can get the intake painted to match my car but I'm not sure how reliable their tunes are?
Old 10-05-2009, 01:29 PM
genericusername

Im in the same boat. However, I would like to get the CAI without tune for the time being. Reason is, I have other mods I would like to do before getting the tune. Everyone I have talked to has suggested getting the mods done THEN the tune. I was going to wait till I have headers, CAI, etc before tuning. Will the brenspeed package work later after ive installed headers? I wanted to start with the intake and go from there.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:56 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by genericusername
Everyone I have talked to has suggested getting the mods done THEN the tune.

Are these people living in a mental hospital? A tuner is the FIRST thing you should get because nearly everything else needs your tune to be modified. A CAI (any worth a damn that is) needs a tune or you'll run VERY lean and damage your engine. Headers also need a tune (although shorties may be ok). Gears need a tune (to correct the speedo) change. Cams need a tune. Changing tire diameter needs a tune change. Superchargers/Turbochargers need a tune. Etc...

Putting any of the above mods on before having a tune/tuner is like wiping before you poop!
Old 10-05-2009, 01:58 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Triple T
I also think Brenspeed is the way to go. Im tempted to go with JLT so I can get the intake painted to match my car but I'm not sure how reliable their tunes are?

Who's tunes? Brenspeed? Brenspeed's tunes are world class and it's hard to beat them. If you mean JLT...well they don't make tunes, just products. Any of the CAI/Tuner combos you buy from Brenspeed will have a BRENSPEED tune. After purchase, they will contact you asking various questions about your car so they can properly write a tune custom for you.