Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Give some opinions on this turbo system

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:44 PM
yellowjohn1

Originally Posted by breathegood

If you are going to Brenspeed anyway, why not just buy the Hellion through them?
It may not seem like much to a lot of people but I could really use the $500-$700 price difference if there isn't a quality issue with the less expensive systems mentioned.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:05 AM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by yellowjohn1
It may not seem like much to a lot of people but I could really use the $500-$700 price difference if there isn't a quality issue with the less expensive systems mentioned.
You can't have it all. If cost is the most important thing, you should be looking at Vortech or Paxton rather than a turbo setup. You end up at the same power level and save $500-700 over what you are already looking at. I'm not trying to steer you away from either of these kits, but if you really want the most out of it, talk to the tuner/installer and find out what they recommend before you part with your cash. The quality of the kit sitting in the box waiting to be installed is not the issue. The quality of the kit, installation, and support you get the day the warranty expires is.

I spent a lot of money on a kit that not too many people are running and have experience with.....It turned into a very expensive mistake. If you really want the best advice and recommendation,
TALK TO THE TUNER!!! I would have a much faster car and heavier wallet today if I had taken my own advice.

In the long run, you will be happier with the finished product if you focus on long term goals rather than what I can afford right now.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:01 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by breathegood
You can't have it all. If cost is the most important thing, you should be looking at Vortech or Paxton rather than a turbo setup. You end up at the same power level and save $500-700 over what you are already looking at. I'm not trying to steer you away from either of these kits, but if you really want the most out of it, talk to the tuner/installer and find out what they recommend before you part with your cash. The quality of the kit sitting in the box waiting to be installed is not the issue. The quality of the kit, installation, and support you get the day the warranty expires is.

I spent a lot of money on a kit that not too many people are running and have experience with.....It turned into a very expensive mistake. If you really want the best advice and recommendation,
TALK TO THE TUNER!!! I would have a much faster car and heavier wallet today if I had taken my own advice.

In the long run, you will be happier with the finished product if you focus on long term goals rather than what I can afford right now.

You left the 'U' out of the word BUY in your signature btw . . .
Old 10-09-2009, 01:04 PM
yellowjohn1

thanks, I may go with a Pro-charger instead. I just thought it would be really cool to get a turbo if I could for about the same money. Went to a 200car Mustang show of which about 40 were supercharged and a big zero were turbo'd. That would have really been cool to have the only one at the show.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:13 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

If you want to save some money on a good turbo kit try this one. http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22775

Earl
Old 10-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Impulse Cars
Former Sponsor

Well if you're looking at ATI, let me know. We are having a STUPID sale on the P1SC HO Complete Kits this month. PM or email me with ZIP for details. WAY Cheaper than a turno and you can still make them look truly unique.

eric@impulsecars.com
Old 10-11-2009, 07:50 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

SC>turbo = stupid & ignorant

turbo>SC = equally stupid & ignorant