Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Edelbrock Competition Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 04:02 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Buy from a vendor with them currently in stock at the old price. There are plenty out there with the original price and even a tuned kit for the same. Either buy before the increase from a delaer with inventory or go with another competitor. It's not like the e force is an everyday affordable kit. Why the justification of a roughly 10% increase? It sure can't be supply and demand.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

I am sure the price increase was justified. A blower company never wants to raise their prices to be higher than their competitors if they can help it. We design and manufacture our own supercharger systems for multiple lines of vehicles and we always try to keep our retail and online prices within our competition. We online raise our prices when the cost of production demands it. Don't forget that the Edelbrock systems come with a lot of extras you won't find on other systems. Tensioner braces, entirely new oversized throttle bodies, seriously oversized heat exchangers, FRONT DRIVE/FRONT INLET design offering the least restriction of any system, a truly COMPLETE plug and play wiring harness, new spark plugs, and an entirely new upper water transfer tube casting for 05-06 and 07-09 vehicles.

Edelbrock blowers have their place. The benefit for our customers has been the OE look and the fit and finish of the product. Our customers seem to really like the fact that Edelbrock took the time to pre assemble all of their hoses using factory Ford style quick connectors and that the installation is amazingly simple. Plus with a custom tune and some mods, these kits on built motors can still make 600 since Edelbrock is using a 2300TVS blower housing. Plus some of the customers like the look of the coil covers to compliment the blower leaving a "finished" look in the engine bay. All in all the kit looks amazing stock and makes very reliable horsepower from a very reputable manfacturer.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

While I do agree this is a great kit, I would disagree on your comments about the wiring harness being a "complete plug and play". Don't get me wrong as the install was fairly straight forward, but the several connectors you need to repin were a real PITA. Especially for someone not familiar with how the pins are retained. And in my opinion, that was the one aspect of the kit they could made a little easier with a couple adapter harnesses. Otherwise, this is a great kit and I have no regrets about pre-ordering one before they were even released!
Old 02-13-2010, 05:08 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

The kit is very installable. I did mine myself (with some calls to JDM, Edelbrock, and Doug here LOL). Prior to this my only mechanical experience was oil changes and some exhaust stuff.

Bonus points for an electronics background - the electrical connectors didn't give me much problem.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

U7140 from Diablo if they still make it. It's what I have.

Go to Diablo's website and ask them.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:18 PM
GeritGoul
3rd Gear Member

any word on this group buy thing?

and doogie, its been awhile since ive posted or read any post here...im assuming the SC and motor are holding up great? ? with stock internals, heads and cams was is? ?

just picked up my hot rod cams today and going to get them installed tom and i figured i would just throw the edelbrock on top of that and call it a day..
Old 02-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Yes as all is well with both... zero complaints after a year of use!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

We have our Edelbrock promotion coming up starting next Monday March 1st. Please email me and I can shoot you the pricing and details on the systems and I can answer any tech questions you may have. EricC@Stillen.com