Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just installed JLT CF intake.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 11:18 PM
V8s_Are_Great

Default Just installed JLT CF intake.

Howdy forums. Well, just finished up the ol' install on the CAI with tune. Picked it up locally from JLT. They're in Chesapeake, VA and it was about a 30 minute drive. Just wanted to give a little review and spread some compliments where I think they're due.

First off, awesome looking intake. Sorry the picture is cellphone status but you can find way better pics on the actual website. If you're into carbon fiber, here's your intake. What's more important, though, is the performance gains. I bought the 87 and 93 octane tunes. Currently running 87. Installing the tune was incredibly easy and took about 10 minutes. I instantly felt an increase in seat of your pants horsepower. Not only did it sharpen the GT's teeth quite a bit, it cleaned them up a little. The check engine light from my ruptured cats was cleared as I believe the tune including removing the O2 sensor signal. The throttle response seemed much crisper. Putting together the intake itself and installing it was also pretty easy. MAYBE an hour and that was only because I had to remove an old CAI and its heatshield. The rest was normal wrangling of the silicone couplings and popping off an old vacuum hose.

Last thing, and probably the most important. The shopping experience at JLT was off the charts. Jay was very willing to talk to me about the tuning options I had (such as downloading a new tune when I put on my headers and cats) and some of the specifics of each tune. He even walked out front with a tuner and figured out why my check engine light was on. Cats, go figure. If you're in the neighborhood, I would definitely go to the business in person.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Now that you have that nice, shiny carbon fiber tube, how about cleaning up your engine bay? That's nasty...
Old 09-12-2010, 04:20 AM
V8s_Are_Great

I keep it that way to exhibit the spirit of CF; functionality over looks.

No, seriously, I think 'Man, that's a dirty engine bay' every time I life the hood. But, whatev, I can just close the hood to make those thoughts go away.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:11 AM
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by V8s_Are_Great
I keep it that way to exhibit the spirit of CF; functionality over looks.

No, seriously, I think 'Man, that's a dirty engine bay' every time I life the hood. But, whatev, I can just close the hood to make those thoughts go away.
Funny you went the extra mile and got the CF version, which is eye candy....and want to keep your hood closed to hide the dirt. Nice write up. Let us know what the 93 tune feels like.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:12 PM
V8s_Are_Great

Hey, whether or not it's eye candy is relative. Some people don't like the CF.
By the way, MPG went up about .6-1 MPG. So, eh, little bit of a bump up but that's not why I installed it. Looking forward to LT headers and X-pipe tune, as well. I'll let ya' know how it goes. Oh, and does anyone have any experience with Stainless Works LTs? I've never seen before here but 5.0 Mag used them on the MILF project car and they look pretty schnazzy.