Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I NEED HELP!!!!!!PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 08:21 PM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

How did a water leak get there ? Im curious incase i run into the same issue
Old 03-07-2011, 09:10 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JAMAMAN
TSB..
Old 03-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The water leak issue is one of the S197's biggest bite-you-in-the-azz problems in the entire model. It has affected an incredibly high percentage of vehicles, mostly the 05's and '06's and typically results in corrosion of the SJB (Smart Junction Box), potentially reducing the cars electrical system to turd. At some point in '07, Ford begin putting a small "awning" over the SJB but the leak was still prevalent.

After a good rain or washing the car, check the passenger side front carpet by the kick panel for dampness. I usually open the SJB access cover and reach down to feel the carpet BEHIND the kick panel.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:17 AM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
The water leak issue is one of the S197's biggest bite-you-in-the-azz problems in the entire model. It has affected an incredibly high percentage of vehicles, mostly the 05's and '06's and typically results in corrosion of the SJB (Smart Junction Box), potentially reducing the cars electrical system to turd. At some point in '07, Ford begin putting a small "awning" over the SJB but the leak was still prevalent.

After a good rain or washing the car, check the passenger side front carpet by the kick panel for dampness. I usually open the SJB access cover and reach down to feel the carpet BEHIND the kick panel.
Hey Nuke, this explains why the passenger side carpet is always wet. I had to shop vac the carpets all the time and i never knew how to the water got there since my windows are always up and no one is ever in my car but me. I guess i will have to keep vacuuming the water out whenever it rains or car wash cause i dont know how else to remove the water. Thanks for the info

ps; Ignorance is bliss i guess
Old 03-08-2011, 11:24 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Hey Nuke, this explains why the passenger side carpet is always wet. I had to shop vac the carpets all the time and i never knew how to the water got there since my windows are always up and no one is ever in my car but me. I guess i will have to keep vacuuming the water out whenever it rains or car wash cause i dont know how else to remove the water. Thanks for the info

ps; Ignorance is bliss i guess
Follow the TSB and seal it up better. Being paranoid about this issue from the percentage it seems to hit is a good thing. Shop-vac´n it as a fix, not so much..
Old 03-08-2011, 03:18 PM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

I have the most retarded question ? What do you mean by TSB ? and where can i find out about sealing it up ? Thanks. I am not good with acronyms.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:30 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

This sentence has a link in it, click it, as did my previous post.

And, if you look under the top of the page (not using the mobile theme), just below the header, there should be about 7 links, one says ¨Mustang TSB¨ at the far right. This stands for Technical Service Bulletin. This is essentially a heads up from the manufacturer to dealer service shops about specific issues with model years, including how to diagnose, trouble-shoot, and repair that specific issue.

Last edited by wayne613; 03-08-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:46 PM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Thanks men, much respect