Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got an S-197 Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 07:48 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jthorn9
Well finally got a new car, and I'm quite impressed with it. Long story short my Cobra was getting expensive to keep on the road and started to need some work, so I traded it in for a 2008 Mustang GT premium, and talk about score with this car. Performs very close to my old Cobra but the car is amazing. Runs on 87 octane, has a few mods, and handles like a beast, I'm impressed to say the least.

Here are a few pics:

Congrats on your purchase! You bought the best year and the best color! -Although I might be a little biased...
Old 07-14-2011, 04:08 PM
mfournier

Smile

Originally Posted by jthorn9
Umm.....yeah.....I have used a tuner just a "few" times. I know that sometimes people will hide them in their car upon sale so the shop/dealer doesn't take them and sell them.

The only thing that I'm wondering is if it is tuned and the person traded the car in and kept the tuner without loading the stock tune back on (to keep the thing running right) then wouldn't that cause issues if I get a new tuner?
Here is my suggestion if you bought the car from the previous owner call him get the tuner he can't use it on another car unless he unlocked it anyway. If you bought it from a dealer get the car facts find out who the previous owner was and call him see if he has the tuner. It is loaded for your ECU and will only work with your car anyway. If you get a hold of the previous owner you can ask where he bought the CAI and TB most are sold with a tuner.

I would have gotten the car facts anyway before I bought it
Old 07-15-2011, 12:31 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Well I bought the car from Ford and they didn't have the tuner. But I did some research and have some good news, the SCT Livewire I had for my Cobra will also work on this car. So I'm gonna schedule a dyno here soon and bring it and see how good the tune on the car now is, if it's not perfect then I'll reflash the thing.

Yeah, I figured that like most Mustangs, the throttle body does next to nothing but I didn't buy it so FREEBIE!!! lol

I just ordered some parts the other day, they'll be in early next week. Ordered pre painted side scoops, and c pillar scoops (Eleanor style) as well as some floor mats cause the car didn't come with mats. Can't wait to get those in.

It's killing me not ordering a supercharger because I have more than enough money for it, but I'm getting older and need to buy my fiance' a car (oddly enough she wants a S197 mustang) and get started on building a house. Plus I want my engine to last a long time and I don't want another one getting ruined because of a slight S/C mishap lol.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Cusp
2nd Gear Member

The Shaker changing volume with speed is a feature. The idea being to automatically up the volume as road and wind noise increases. The amount of change is settable by accessing the features menu along with other user preference settings. The exact how to is in the owners manual. Either the printed one which came with the car or the PDF version downloadable from Ford.