Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Boss 302 or modify existing 11 GT brembo

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
To any of you that havent driven this car you have no clue what you are talking about, and you can mod a gt all you want..... it's still just a gt, and you can mod a Boss to do anything a GT can do and then some. As far as the price...throw in the internal engine components, the maniflod, the Recaro seats, the Trosen differential, the P-Zero tires (285 out back), the adjustable shock damping system, and that Track Key tune (which has been approved), and you aren't saving any money doing that to a GT, if you do it ain't much.
You wouldn't mod a GT to be a Boss clone, you'd mod a GT to be superior to a boss. You can achieve similiar/better HP numbers with some aftermarket parts and a boss intake manifold, no need for new internals. you can upgrade the suspension to be better than the boss and get even better seats the 285s vs the 275s a GT comes with? please... get some real tires out back. and nobody should bother with the track key, get a real tune.

Since he already has the GT he would save money over taking the hit on the GT and paying for a new boss. Now if the question was buy a new 32k GT(with brembos/3.73s) or a 41k boss? well.. again.. 9,000 buys a lot of performance mods.. The boss is a great car and there is a lot to be said for leaving it stock and just enjoying having a car that runs with super cars on road courses. on the other hand.. spend that on performance on a GT and you'll blow a Boss away. but the boss will be more collectible.

So the real question here is, would you rather have a modded GT for equal money that is faster/better in performance or have the collectible boss?
Old 10-14-2011, 01:18 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
What a reasonable price that people are paying for a boss these days? I'm not a red car guy but yours looks amazing.
I got mine for 43.5, after I put 14 down I had to finance about 30, so I'm payin 520 a month, I was 420 a month on the '08, it's only a 100 bucks more a month for me so I never seen it as a huge money jump.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:20 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
You wouldn't mod a GT to be a Boss clone, you'd mod a GT to be superior to a boss. You can achieve similiar/better HP numbers with some aftermarket parts and a boss intake manifold, no need for new internals. you can upgrade the suspension to be better than the boss and get even better seats the 285s vs the 275s a GT comes with? please... get some real tires out back. and nobody should bother with the track key, get a real tune.

Since he already has the GT he would save money over taking the hit on the GT and paying for a new boss. Now if the question was buy a new 32k GT(with brembos/3.73s) or a 41k boss? well.. again.. 9,000 buys a lot of performance mods.. The boss is a great car and there is a lot to be said for leaving it stock and just enjoying having a car that runs with super cars on road courses. on the other hand.. spend that on performance on a GT and you'll blow a Boss away. but the boss will be more collectible.

So the real question here is, would you rather have a modded GT for equal money that is faster/better in performance or have the collectible boss?
I'm pretty sure a stock GT don't come with P-Zeros on them, that's a 2000 dollars set of tires......i'm just sayin and a stock GT doesn't come with 275's it's 255's.

Last edited by REDBOSS1; 10-14-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:51 PM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

as freaking cool as i think the boss is, i think it would make more sense to stay with your GT.

^and i thought all of our cars had p-zeroes on them and they were like $180 a piece? am i thinking of the right tires? haha
Old 10-14-2011, 09:43 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aerbourne
as freaking cool as i think the boss is, i think it would make more sense to stay with your GT.

^and i thought all of our cars had p-zeroes on them and they were like $180 a piece? am i thinking of the right tires? haha
You might be thinking of the PZero Nero version, my back tires alone are $ 535 a piece and the fronts are $453.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ireModel=PZero

Last edited by REDBOSS1; 10-14-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

GT's w/ Brembos have 255/40/19 P-Zeros, on all four corners. That's a 9" wheel if I remember correctly. Boss' have 275 P-Zeros out back, 255's in front??? 9.5" wheels rear, 9" front. I could be wrong on the Boss wheels/tires....but I JUST walked outside and confirmed that MY BREMBO GT has the 255's.

To the OP: I'd stay w/ the GT and soup it up. It's a fantastic platform. Easily 450-475rwph with just exhaust and intake bolt ons and a good tune. I see 500rwhp becoming the norm soon w/out cams or taking the motor apart.
Suspension could be made better. (The dang wheel hop is starting to tick me off.) Trans is the same. Boss parts are becoming easier to get a hold of to make the GT's better/more personal. I'm checking w/ the dealer Monday morning when I drop the car off for the re-paint to see what I can safely do to mod the car and keep my FULL warranty.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:01 PM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

oh...yeah youre definitely right. i was thinking of the neros