Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

DiabloSport Predator VS. Mustang SCT XCalibrator 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 07:55 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: DiabloSport Predator VS. Mustang SCT XCalibrator 2

I bought my X-cal at the Dyno shop in my area they said they only sell SCT because the support network is so good.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:46 AM
swieduwi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

ORIGINAL: DROCKOFTX

I have a Predator and am going to go with the SCT since I own an auto. If anyone wants my Predator for an 05 let me know. It is for sale.
whats wrong with your predator for the auto?.....what shift adjustments are not able to be made?.....does that mean that the diablo will work crappy on an auto?
The predator just does not have the extensive Auto trans tunning that the SCT has.

Some people didnt get the kind of throttle response with the diablo that im getting with the sct, there was a good amount of lag. the car feels way more powerfull through all bands. It shift so well that on full throttle i can catch a scratch from 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd with factory tires.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DiabloSport Predator tunning options

Dual timing adjustment points (2000-4000 RPM / 4000-7000 RPM)
Timing table (+10% / -40%)
Dual fuel adjustment points (2000-4000 RPM / 4000-7000 RPM) Fuel table (+40% / -15%)
Idle (+/- 20%)
Global Timing adder -6 degrees /+4 degrees
Raise Speed Limiter
Rev Limiter
Re-Calibrate Speedometer for Gear and Tire Size Changes
RPM Shift Points, adjustable via MPH
Cooling Fan ON/OFF Temperatures
All of these parameters can be adjusted on the DiabloSport tune and/or the factory tune
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCT XCAL II tunning options

Fuel Adjustments
Wide Open Throttle: 6% Leaner to 14% Richer

SparkAdjustments
Global Spark: -5 to +5 degrees

RPM Adjustment Spark: 0 - 2000RPM: -14 to +4 degrees
2000 - 4000RPM: -8 to +4 degrees
4000 - 8000RPM: -8 to +4 degrees
Trouble Codes
Diagnose Check Engine Lights & Clear Trouble Codes

Axle Ration Selection
2.73 to 5.14 Ratios

Tire Size Selection
205/65/15 to 315/35/19

Fuel Injector Selection
19lb to 60lb Fuel Injectors

Other Selections
Engine Timing: +2 to -5
Idle RPM: -300 to +300RPM
Cooling Fan: On / Off Temp
Traction Control: On / Off
Two Step: On / Off & RPM
Remove Speed Limiter:
Adjust Red Line Rev Limit:

Shift Adjustments
Automatic Transmission Shift Schedule:
WOT 1st - 2nd: -3 to +7mph
WOT 2nd - 3rd: -4 to +8mph
WOT 3rd - 4th: -5 to +10mph
WOT 4th - 5th: -5 to +10mph

Automatic Transmission Torque converter Schedule: Lock and unlock

Automatic Transmission Shift Line Pressure: 1st to 2nd
2nd to 3rd
3rd to 4th
Old 11-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Arak Nafein
1st Gear Member

What's "Two Step: On / Off & RPM" do?
Old 11-28-2005, 12:45 AM
Airborneflyguy
2nd Gear Member

A thought. Some aren't so savy as to tune themselves even with the ability to do so. I'll make my choice based on what my professional tuner recommends (SCT). That said, since SCT has been out longer with previous models, wouldn't it be ahead of the game already as far as the number of skilled and qualified tuners that are available? And therefore wouldn't the support not just from SCT but from others in the know be easier to come by? Unless there was some huge difference in ability between the two I believe I would go with the SCT based soley on that. As far as I can tell so far, the only big difference in ability is in the XcalIIs favor (Shift points and firmness).
Old 11-28-2005, 01:40 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Airborneflyguy

A thought. Some aren't so savy as to tune themselves even with the ability to do so. I'll make my choice based on what my professional tuner recommends (SCT). That said, since SCT has been out longer with previous models, wouldn't it be ahead of the game already as far as the number of skilled and qualified tuners that are available? And therefore wouldn't the support not just from SCT but from others in the know be easier to come by? Unless there was some huge difference in ability between the two I believe I would go with the SCT based soley on that. As far as I can tell so far, the only big difference in ability is in the XcalIIs favor (Shift points and firmness).
Some excellent points and I'm more confused than ever for my choices as well. Since I'm trying to keep mine tuned to a point that Ford won't scream "voided warranty"!! What do you recommend for CAI and tuner? Keeping in mind I want to keep Ford happy as well, not really interested in the K&N (no tune needed? Must not be doing its job!), I just want better air-flow, mpg and power and my warranty. Hopefully not too much to ask for.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:24 AM
steve59

which one of both will be able to make an accurate adaption to fuel quality (95/98/100 octane)

And as I intend to make a "step by step" tuning (first only chip, then exhaust, then air), wich one of both gives the best possibility to integrate all parameters (fuel, tuning) without knowledge?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:35 AM
Thump_rrr

ORIGINAL: andyman

I don't know what kind of software support the diablo has, but sct's is really good. They are supposed to come out with an upgrade for the actual unit eventually to have datalogging for a few minutes without a laptop in the car.
You said it best. "Eventually" The Diablosport Predator already has internal datalogging. The only 2 negatives compared to the SCT

1) You can't turn off the rear O2 sensors which I don't care about since I'm running with cats.

2) You can't disable the traction control.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:18 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Bump for more replies.

I'm trying to decide between these two as well. Are there any other tuners on the market?