Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need Help: About to take car for service

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:07 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Need Help: About to take car for service

In regards to #8 - I have (what I think) is the same problem. Everytime I'm at a gas station, the pump auto shuts after a few seconds and it literally takes me 20 minutes to pump gas. I kept thinking I was at some crappy gas stations, but it happens more and more and seams to be getting worse. I have to angle the pump several different directions and stil only gt a few seconds of flow before it shuts off.

Now I did notice this problem right after I installed a booster pump. That doesn't mean that's what caused it but that's when I noticed it. You said you had this serviced once already - what did the dealer say the problem was?
Old 12-01-2005, 12:12 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

The tech just said that it was a problem with the system and there were multiple steps to solution (if the first one didn't work.) Well, the first one worked for about 4 months... So =p
Old 12-01-2005, 03:43 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GGIII

ORIGINAL: DAVE05GT

I got off the gas in third and heard a terrible noise from the back of the car. Like a really unbalanced tire only louder.
That sounds like what is happening to me. A low, moaning sound that almost sounds like a tire noise...
No, there's something really broke or bent with mine, they had it all day and still don't know whats wrong with it.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:58 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

I see. Well, let me know what you find out.

The guy I was supposed to run showed up in his daddy's GN and beat me by 1/2 a length. Now that that's over, Im going to take the car in very soon.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:04 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

I spoke to the dealer earlier and they said.....The problem is the drive shaft support bearing and....they don't want to fix it because they say the Pro-Kit (been on for a week and a half) caused the drive shaft to move so far out of factory specs that it caused this problem. My question to them was that why do the Saleens and Roush's have no problems? Do they come with adjustable drive shaft pieces?
I gave them a piece of my mind and they called back and said they were going to call Ford to get the final word on whether they will fix it or not. Good of them to do that I think but I haven't got a call back yet.
So.....what are the best aftermarket drive shafts guys, aluminum or carbon fiber, price range etc??????
Old 12-01-2005, 11:38 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Whell, being AOD, I would say that I don't have that concern. We'll see what happens.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Twister086
2nd Gear Member

be aware dave05gt, if you service dept calls ford and informs them you have problems that could be aftermarket part related. they will note it your ford dealer history and it may be difficult in the future to get any warranty work done. i have a friend who was a ford tech but is covering service advisor positions for a while and he said ford 2005 warranty protocol pretty much voids your entire warranty when aftermarket parts are intorduced, no matter what the argument... stupid stupid stupid... working for bmw i just delt with a case where a customer had his 03 m3 in for a oil leak. oil leak came from a crack in the valve cover by timing chain. contact between chain and valve cover evident from inside of valve cover and marks on sprocket from "possible" downshift overrev. problem is this guys m3 was straight off the track, susp work wheel and tires and he didnt deny racing... long story short, we fixed his car under warranty... THE MORAL of the story is that you should treat it like a court case if they try and decline it... ask them for these so called factory specs and then ask them what you cars specs were. then ask them to show you how they check them. im a technician and the line they fed you was a typical BS i dont want to fic it under warrnty because it pays poorly and im lazy response... another thing is your dealership is CSI driven, tell them if they fix your car under warrnty in a timely manner youll give them all 5's... it works...
Old 12-02-2005, 12:11 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Hmmm... Trouble with that is, if they want to deny my work because of one part (for something not DIRECTLY related) they will be in court. It is illegal, on a federal level, to void an entire warranty because of one part.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:27 AM
rbogle

GGIII - Any further info on #10 - Loud rattle from right rear?

I actually heard this in 3 of the 4 GTs I test drove and I have it in the one I purchased (2006 GT) Sounds like a dull rattle, like a loose shock or something. Only occurs when going slow over rough pavement??
Old 12-08-2005, 12:27 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Well, my grudge race was a no show. Im going to visit the dealer this afternoon and schedule my service date(s).

There's no TSB on the rattle, but I'll let you know what I find out from the dealer. Will probably say something about my aftermarket springs, but they can bite me.