Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need help, ur personal preference is what is needed most

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 10:45 PM
theothermike

Default Need help, ur personal preference is what is needed most

Ok guys my name is mike and i graduated high school last year. I a fresh in college now but in the market for a new ride. I had a deal with my parents if i graduated with a 4.0 of higher they buy me a new car under 40,000 Yeah i no it sure is nice. And well i think the time has come. I was gonna wait coup,e years till after college but i changed my mind. I no this is not a new members area

Neways to the point

I will be buying a 2006 ford mustang gt soon So here what i need some opinions for.

Color of car/ And stripe color to go along
Body kits such as roush/street scene/saleen
Rims/Tires good performance tires/ with flashy rims that flow well with car color and scheme
Exhaust either flows/Slp lm's/Bassani straight thorughs <- havnt heard much on em. All will be on off/road h pipes. Exhaust that is required for the body kit such as saleen and roush
Interior parts/ Leather Color etc.
Tint no Tint
Im getting shaker 1000 for sure
Super charger or not?
Engine dress up or not?
Suspension parts like springs,shocks,dampers etc.
brakes parts
cold air intakes
gear sizes

I know you thinking what a spoiled brat. But i did work my *** of to get a 4.3 coming out of high school. I will like this to be just one own personal preferences but i would not like to see a flame war between users on eww thats ugly etc. I appreciate you reading this. And i cant wait to see this monster completed.

1 other ? when i receive these parts and body kits. Can ford dealerships paint these to factory colors. Do you take it to paintshops how does that work. Same with install? I nto the most mechanically inclined. I also work many hours and dont have the time to put together this

Mike - the new guy

Old 02-05-2006, 03:18 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Need help, ur personal preference is what is needed most

..i kinda had a same situation...my grandma promised me before first grade when she saw me with the cap and gown on, she would buy me a new car when i graduate high school, and i held her to it, to get a new black 06 stang gt 5spd

[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 02-05-2006, 01:14 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

Well there Mike congrats cuz i busted my *** and couldn't pull over a 3.5 so good for ya and enjoy the ride personally i went with the following combo (every option they had except the convert. and auto trans) and my sticker landed right around $33,520

2006 Mustang GT Premium 5 Speed
Black Exterior
Black Interior w/Red Accents
Interior Upgrade Package
18" Bullitt Wheels
Front Seat Side Airbags
Shaker 1000 Stereo
Alarm
Wheel Lock Nuts
35% Tint
Agressive Front Chin Spoiler
Cervini Side Exhaust Kit w/Rear Valance
Sequential Tail Lights

And coming up in the next 2 weeks thanks to the good ol' IRS refund:
C&L Intake
SCT2 Tuner
Steeda Underdrive Pullys
Aluminum Dash Trim For Radio, Center Console, and Doors

Here are some pics, the side exhaust isn't on yet, I am still waiting for my dealer to get it in so they can install it all!

This Is How She Sat When I Got To The Dealer For Delivery

Personally I Love Red On Black It Is A Killer Combonation

18" Bullitts' Not To Big Not To Small

Your New Competition
Old 02-05-2006, 02:28 PM
sandyman
1st Gear Member

I would suggest you get the car with whatever factory options you want. Color is purely what you like. If you are working alot, don't get black. Mine looks great but I have to work at it all the time. While you are getting familiar with your car, search this forum and others for ideas. There are plenty of pictures of beautiful cars in here. After you see the pictures and read topics you will know what you want. Basically, just don't rush it. And, there is plenty of new stuff coming after the SEMA show. Congratulations on a great GPA.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:42 PM
gkosin
2nd Gear Member

Great job on the GPA. If you have a few days I would check with your local dealer and see if they accept the X-Plan pricing. The dealer will really treat you well and you save a couple grand off sticker with absolutely no haggling. I called a dealer told them what I wanted and had my GT ready to pickup in 24 hours. No agonizing order and waiting for 6-8 weeks for me. Send me an email and I can try to hook you up with a X-Plan pin number. I got my pin with a little web searching.
Greg

[IMG]local://upfiles/26885/428606ED18B44EA5AC16355DE0550D12.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-05-2006, 10:57 PM
theothermike

Here is what has been decided for sure as of now. I have fallen in love with the cervini body kit and side exhaust. To be specific, front bumper kit which has both grilles lights and hardware, sideskirt and side exhaust, side scoops, quarter window scoops, hood, rear bumper, wheel and tire package, and spoiler ducktail style. I have also decided on 15% tint <--- very dark. Color wise, im thinking of a blue with dual white stripes and pin stripes an inch away from the end side of the duals. And side stripe with c-500 on it and a pinstripe on both sides of that an inch apart just like on cervinis website. Or the same thing but reverse colors white body with blue stripes. And the last possible color combo would be a satin silver with black stripes. If this was the color combo, the wheel and tire package would not be cervini, it would be a black rim possibly gt500 or fr500 style. Thats all so far. I might be considering a supercharger such as saleen, procharger, or roush. And i will be considering 4:10 gears, steeda underdrive pulley, some suspension kits, and other stuff. Lmk what you guys think.

Mike
Old 02-08-2006, 10:01 AM
pikeone

Hey Mike! You will quickly get overwhelmed with this thread and it may turn into the longest one ever! When it comes to the cosmetics, I prefer Xenon and 3dCarbon parts. Take a look at atlantamustang.com. They offer everything pre-painted, except the ground effects, and they do an exceptional job on paint and service. Roush kits are over priced and ugly, in my opinion. You're basically paying for a name. In the end, it's all up to what YOU want on YOUR Mustang. Good luck!!
Old 02-09-2006, 06:03 AM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

For graduating with a 4.0 GPA, your grammar really sucks.

Seriously though, have fun modding your car. It is an addiction that everyone gets bit with.