Massachusetts Regional Chapter Chapter President: Torch_Vert

Winter Plans???

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 05:41 AM
Grim
1st Gear Member

After yesterday's low temps, I put the "winter wheels" on. The summer only tires probably wouldn't have been very happy. When I left work it was 35 degrees out and dropping!

The "winter wheels" have the stock all season rubber on them right now. I'm going to wait until the first snow storm to decide whether or not to put on winter tires. I've seen people melt their winter rubber when it was 50 degrees+, so I really don't want to deal with that being a problem with New England's fickle weather. For example, even though it's cold this week, it will once again be in the 50's around me next week.

If I lived and worked only in New Hampshire it would be an easier decision since it's about 10 degrees colder just tens of miles north of me, but since I work closer to Boston, it's a toss-up.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:31 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Get that M122 on there, then the DD will only have 1/3 the HP
It'll happen come tax return. I pretty much have 90% of the parts I need, all thats left I want to buy new anyway so I've stopped searching for parts.

Problem is I am a COMPLETE retard when it comes to hoses/fittings. I have a -10an straight fitting and a -10an hose and I can't figure out how the hell the 2 go together...

Originally Posted by Grim
After yesterday's low temps, I put the "winter wheels" on. The summer only tires probably wouldn't have been very happy. When I left work it was 35 degrees out and dropping!

The "winter wheels" have the stock all season rubber on them right now. I'm going to wait until the first snow storm to decide whether or not to put on winter tires. I've seen people melt their winter rubber when it was 50 degrees+, so I really don't want to deal with that being a problem with New England's fickle weather. For example, even though it's cold this week, it will once again be in the 50's around me next week.

If I lived and worked only in New Hampshire it would be an easier decision since it's about 10 degrees colder just tens of miles north of me, but since I work closer to Boston, it's a toss-up.
I'd go for a set of winters. They are good till 45-ish degrees so its worth it to switch come December/janurary
Old 11-06-2012, 05:51 PM
LMC13
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DRAGUL
I drive mine until the first snow happens and the salt goes down on the road. From there it goes into full hibernation until spring.
Given the storm coming in tomorrow, it might be time to get the blankie ready!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:02 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

The Mustang will hibernate, but I might take it for a drive out on nice days when there's no salt or sand on the road. I will also start prepping it for next spring and autocross season by finally getting my new suspension installed, and maybe an exhaust system if I have any money left over.

The winter beater this year is an ugly, rusty 1993 Eclipse Turbo AWD. I forsee some rallycross in its future...
Old 11-07-2012, 07:35 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LMC13
Given the storm coming in tomorrow, it might be time to get the blankie ready!
I dont think they are going to do any salting considering next week will be in the 50's.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:46 PM
LMC13
1st Gear Member

I'm still lovin' the sunny weather. Although my P-Zeros are getting very close to the wear marks in back and I'm slipping on the colder pavement very easily. Also, with the winds, car gets dusty super easy. Still hoping this winter is as good as last years!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:38 AM
Hill x 21
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LMC13
Also, with the winds, car gets dusty super easy.
Yup. I've been using quick detailer on my car everyday before work; weather permitting. Lol.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:01 PM
LMC13
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hill x 21
Yup. I've been using quick detailer on my car everyday before work; weather permitting. Lol.
What do you use for a quick detailer? I've used Mother's and was happy. The guy at the auto store convinced me to try Lucas SlickMist instead. Nice shine, but kind of streaky.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:29 AM
Hill x 21
1st Gear Member

Was using (I think) Black Magic. Just switched to Meg's Gold class just for black. Not too bad but I'm not seeing a change in depth to justify the extra couple bucks.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:29 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Chemical guys makes a good QD, just look for something with anti-static properties.

There is another awesome one, FK-514 or something.

Quick Reply: Winter Plans???