MOCSEM (Mustang Owners Club Of Southeastern Michigan)

New guy in SE MI!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 04:33 PM
grindman620
2nd Gear Member

Hey Jim! Good to see you on this forum. I actually just joined yesterday ,lol.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:31 PM
JimC

Ryan - I didn't realize that you were new over here. Guess I'm so used to seeing you on the "other" forum that I never realized you weren't also active here. I spend my time basically on three forums, this one, the "other" one (the name gets blanked out here for reasons that have a lot of history), and the Black Mustang Club.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:04 AM
grindman620
2nd Gear Member

lol Its cool Jim.........to be honest I am so used to seeing you over at the "other" place that I had to do a double take. I was like "awesome Jim's here!" lol And yes I have noticed that the other forum names get blanked out here.......I guess competition is a bad thing. lol
Well I am sure I will talk to you here or ............the "other" place lmao
Old 09-27-2008, 03:22 AM
93formulalt1

Well, I'm really quite sad to be saying this, but I won't be getting behind the wheel of a Mustang after all. I was supposed to meet the guy on Thursday, and he totally blew me off. I drove 45 miles to meet with him, and he had his daughter answer the phone and tell me he wasn't home. I guess common courtesy is something that isn't very common anymore. I have my truck pretty much sold right now, I listed it on another forum and I received an offer by phone in less than an hour. $800 less than my original asking price, but I'll be glad to get into a different vehicle. I'm looking at a Jeep YJ Wrangler right now, it's in decent shape, but it could use some work. 4 cylinder 5 speed with a soft top and half hard/half soft doors. Runs and drives great. I've been looking for a new Jeep for quite a while, and I think I can talk this guy down into my price range. . .

I plan to stick around here as long as you guys will let me stick around, I'm not a 'stang owner, but it's all about the love of automobiles, right? Thanks for the welcome!
Old 09-27-2008, 06:52 AM
88T-TOP
2nd Gear Member

nick your more than welcome here! ive known you for a while...if your looking for a stang just let us know im a 79-93 fox body guru so if your looking for something of that era i should be able to find you one...just let me know!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

that sucks man. Don't give up on the stang! There's a TON of mustangs for sale around here. 88 said he'd help ya out. Give it a try.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:41 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Theresa, there are two possibilities from your descriptions.

Check the rear most hangers and see if there are any marks on the steel bumper back. On my car the driver side was back just a little bit and when it was up on the hoist it looked fine, but with a flashlight we could see that the hanger was tapping on the steel backing for the rear bumper. It probably was moving just enough after warming up and under load that the tip of the hanger would hit it periodically.

The second possibility is that a baffle is loose inside. I've never seen a cut away of the GTA, but if it is like the Flowmaster American Thunder there are baffles inside. The tumbling of the box end over end could have been enough to break a weld on one of the baffles (the early AT's had a problem with the welds breaking and they had a noise similar to what you described as well).
I will be sure to tell them at the dealership what u said. It just doesn't sound right to me. Actually it sounds a little ricy at times, mostly when taking off. Thanks for the info! I plan on taking it in next week, and will let u know what they say.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:31 AM
2005mach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 93formulalt1
Well, I'm really quite sad to be saying this, but I won't be getting behind the wheel of a Mustang after all. I was supposed to meet the guy on Thursday, and he totally blew me off. I drove 45 miles to meet with him, and he had his daughter answer the phone and tell me he wasn't home. I guess common courtesy is something that isn't very common anymore. I have my truck pretty much sold right now, I listed it on another forum and I received an offer by phone in less than an hour. $800 less than my original asking price, but I'll be glad to get into a different vehicle. I'm looking at a Jeep YJ Wrangler right now, it's in decent shape, but it could use some work. 4 cylinder 5 speed with a soft top and half hard/half soft doors. Runs and drives great. I've been looking for a new Jeep for quite a while, and I think I can talk this guy down into my price range. . .

I plan to stick around here as long as you guys will let me stick around, I'm not a 'stang owner, but it's all about the love of automobiles, right? Thanks for the welcome!
That sucks, you are welcome to stick around, we all can help you find another stang.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:52 AM
babyBstang
2nd Gear Member

hey i've been looking at craigslist and they have a **** load of mustangs all years V6 or GT for decent prices
actually if I had an extra $30,000 laying around there way this Black on Black GT/CS with 20 inch black american racing rims lowered on there for 23,900 he needed to sell it bad dont know why tho but it was a nice car sent it to my mom and she was like "damn I want that car BADD" LOl
Old 09-27-2008, 06:18 PM
88T-TOP
2nd Gear Member

my old man has a 07 ZO6 corvette and i caught wind a few months back of a shelby gt 500 KR possibly in the works...for those who say yeah right...my old man is a engineer and has 3 patents...hopefully he makes the move and then ill get him into MOCSEM!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: New guy in SE MI!