MOCSEM (Mustang Owners Club Of Southeastern Michigan)

New guy in SE MI!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:38 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by theresa
I would be happy with Mike's exhaust...that thing sounds like a BEAST!
but then again...i need a few more cylinders
(that's what their called right?) haha
That would definitely help.

And Bill, I like my Boomtubes. In fact from what i've seen on MF most guys with Boomtubes like them.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:40 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

is that how u spell it? lmao
Old 09-26-2008, 11:48 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

SILANDURS
Old 09-26-2008, 11:55 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wingman75
SILANDURS

lol
I think we lost bill somewhere, thread jumping. haha
Old 09-26-2008, 12:05 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I'm a bad speller myself but I use this site http://dictionary.reference.com/ a lot so i don't look too dumb. I have it on my desktop and I just pop in a word I'm confused about and if its spelled wrong it gives me optional words including the one I want.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:02 PM
grindman620
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wingman75

Grindman, welcome. I took a look at your photos and I'm so up for a trip up north. I have some pix I took from our motel room in St Ignace looking across the water to Mackinaw Island that look like some of yours. Where did you take your pix?
Hey wingman, Thanks for the Welcome! I love going up north and taking some shots. But those were actually taken up at Traverse City,MI. I go up there a few times a year...........and I thought what would be better than some shots by the East Bay!
Old 09-26-2008, 01:04 PM
grindman620
2nd Gear Member

I like the dual exhaust..mine sounds a little ...clanky(when u hit the gas). I don't know if it is suppose to sound like that or the jackass at the ford dealers messed it up when he was tipping the box end over end, and letting it fall and hit the floor...I don't really know if there is anything in the mufflers that could even be broken...lol I will have it looked at some day soon. Would love to hear yours. But taking that....it is way better than the GT takeoff or the stock!!!! I also wish it was louder at idle. Anyone with opinions on the muffler problem???

Looked at the photobucket. Nice car, favorite pic is through the window at the lake.
Where was that taken? You have some really nice shots that day.
Theresa,

I am not sure exactly what that "clanky" sound could be.......unless its more of a rattle. I would guess maybe it wasnt installed 100% correctly. I actually had mine done at my dealership as well. They did an awesome job, from what I can tell. But here is a link of my exhaust, right when I brought her home from the installation. Let me know what you think. Of course I can always show you what it sounds like in person as well sometime.

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/i...lieandI023.flv
Old 09-26-2008, 01:51 PM
theresa
4th Gear Member

That video sounds really good. I bet it sounds better in person! I'll have to check it out someday at a meet
I have to take mine in for an oil change soon, so I might have them take a look at it then..
Old 09-26-2008, 01:54 PM
grindman620
2nd Gear Member

..........yeah thats a great idea. We all know how much of a pain in the A$$ it can be going to the dealership and saying there is a problem to check out. Its like pulling teeth. Goodluck with it and let us know what you find.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:18 PM
JimC

I like the dual exhaust..mine sounds a little ...clanky(when u hit the gas). I don't know if it is suppose to sound like that or the jackass at the ford dealers messed it up when he was tipping the box end over end, and letting it fall and hit the floor...I don't really know if there is anything in the mufflers that could even be broken...lol I will have it looked at some day soon. Would love to hear yours. But taking that....it is way better than the GT takeoff or the stock!!!! I also wish it was louder at idle. Anyone with opinions on the muffler problem???

Looked at the photobucket. Nice car, favorite pic is through the window at the lake.
Where was that taken? You have some really nice shots that day.
Theresa, there are two possibilities from your descriptions.

Check the rear most hangers and see if there are any marks on the steel bumper back. On my car the driver side was back just a little bit and when it was up on the hoist it looked fine, but with a flashlight we could see that the hanger was tapping on the steel backing for the rear bumper. It probably was moving just enough after warming up and under load that the tip of the hanger would hit it periodically.

The second possibility is that a baffle is loose inside. I've never seen a cut away of the GTA, but if it is like the Flowmaster American Thunder there are baffles inside. The tumbling of the box end over end could have been enough to break a weld on one of the baffles (the early AT's had a problem with the welds breaking and they had a noise similar to what you described as well).

Quick Reply: New guy in SE MI!