Coyote swap in 67 Stang - MustangForums.com

Motor Swap Section Tech and Follow-My-Build Threads for members looking to put a different engine in their Mustang

Old 05-17-2018, 08:47 PM   #1  
Jackpilot

Default Coyote swap in 67 Stang

NEED HELP!
Recently had a mustang performance shop do a coyote engine swap into my 67 Mustang. Horrible experience. Two years and a ton of money later the car is not right. While driving home from the shop, the car quit and I had to have it flat bedded. The wiring harness, which I purchased new for the coyote engine, was major mis-installed. Took car to a well known shop in L.A. Who quoted an outlandish price to repair. Can anyone please steer me to a qualified shop in the L.A. Metro that can fix my wiring issue at a reasonable cost?
Jackpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:28 AM   #2  
proeagles
3rd Gear Member

I had a similar experience with a 32 Ford I had built. The problem you are going to run into is that any shop you take it to will pretty much have to start from scratch because they didn't f' it up in the first place and will have to spend a lot of time to track down the problem. There is nothing harder than trying to fix someone else's hot rodding mistakes.
proeagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM   #3  
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

If you don't mind driving an hour east (2+ hours if traffic) then check out GTR High Performance in Rancho Cucamonga. Like any specialty performance shop they are not inexpensive, but they specialize in Mustangs, are honest and know what they're doing.
Z28KLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:36 PM   #4  
TheBabyBadger

Any mechanic, especially a good one, is going to charge an arm and a leg to fix some one else's work. Was the engine installed with an OE harness or a control pack harness? Those are pretty simple harnesses.
TheBabyBadger is online now   Reply With Quote