Motor Swap Section Tech and Follow-My-Build Threads for members looking to put a different engine in their Mustang

Bronco in a Mustang transplant??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 11:58 AM
TexasMuSTANK

Lightbulb Bronco in a Mustang transplant??

Ok so im new to this forum however i have been doing a lotta reading on this site and others trying to plan out what i feel might be in interesting swap and while there is a great deal of useful information ive found im noticing there are some keys to each build due to the specific natures of each build and getting lost in the excess information provided from all the members (altho i enjoy all the extra information its not key to what im trying to accomplish) ive not come across a similar enough post to feel solid in implementing this idea of mine. Recently I bought a 2000 base model 3.8L 5-speed (t-5 i believe) mustang with a mountain of issues i paid only a couple hundred for it still running and driving so i said why not use the 87' Eddie Bauer Bronco 302 i have in the garage just waiting for a new home....what im mostly looking for here is information on fitment (k member/motor mount information) any electrical warnings/do's&dont's things that arent exactly obvious to someone like me with limited knowledge of avaiable parts. If possible i wanna keep the T5 as long as possible and just upgrade the internals as it needs to be rebuilt anyway but in the end i do plan on installing a TKO 5speed due to the fact i wanna do a lil magic with this 302 hopefully placing it in the 700+ HP range (or more maybe i am from Texas after all) Please keep in mind i AM a career welder/fabricator with my own welder and proper tools at home so dont be shiesty with any fab tricks/tips on weight saving or strengthening methods this is (idealy) gonna be a street/track car fully caged and altho i dont like to admit it i am a UTI graduate class of 11' (yes thats right im a graduate of the "UnTraind Idot" school of "mechanics") so im not exactly ignorant to modification processes NOR am i fluent....I would like to give thanks and praise in advance any and every one on information provided