New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member, but where's the 'stang?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 04:18 AM
Alex01Tib

Default New member, but where's the 'stang?

Hey guys i just figured id sign up instead of browsing under my friends name.

As i said in the title i dont have a mustang, but my best friend is musangdrvr2019 and i help him work on his car and vise versa. I looked around on here looking for some info on his car and I like the forum so i figured id sign up and let you know about my Tib.

As far as mustangs it was always me and my friends intention to get some GT mustangs and mod them out, obviously things dont always go to plan. I saw my tib and fell in love with it and the price tag, and he ended up settling for a V6 since the only GT he could get was auto. Still might get a stang but not right now as im enjoying the tib.

I know some of you V8 guys arent going to like a I-4 hanging around but usually people respect the turbo. My Engine goodies inclue a 2.0L with a Garret T3 Super 60, Equal length ram head manifold, FMIC, mirror-polished charge pipes, Vortech FMU, DSM BOV, Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate, Custom 2.5" Catback, Hi-flow Magnaflow Cat, OBX straight thru muffler (sounds great, not ricer like), OBX Underdrive pulley, B&M short shifter, Pro control boost controller, greddy catch can, apexi turbo timer.

Other stuff would be my pioneer head unit with Mofset 50X4 and a cerwin vega 12" sub pushed by a rockford fosgate 600w amp in a dual ported plexiglass front box. clear corners, a carbon fiber reverse vented hood (keeps engine alot cooler, 25lbs lighter than stock), and some painted interior parts (classy not riced), some white face gauges, pillar pod for my boost and afr gauges, B&M short shifter, etc.

Boosting 5 pounds right now until i can get my stage 3 clutch in and install my additional injectors with my SMT-6 tuning it. Looking to boost about 15 pounds daily @ about 250-300 whp, good for ~ low 13's on street tires. Have all the components for my set up just gotta get it in after schools out. Perhaps after some engine internal changes ill push ~400 but its my daily for now so i gotta go easy on her since im a college student studying biochemistry and cant afford to have daily driving problems and be stranded without a car. Oh and i guess i should say i do all my own work with the exception of the exhaust as i dont have a mandrel bender.

Heres some pics, comment if you like but dont try and convince me to get a stang lol

The gauge was just sitting there and the 12v splitter is out of there, its a messy pic but you get the idea

Old 04-16-2006, 02:20 PM
britt21
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New member, but where's the 'stang?

Welcome to the forums..

There are several people here who dont drive Mustangs, Its ok, lol.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Mustangdrvr2019
1st Gear Member

man you must be bored to write all that stuff. sounds like a nice car. so you still havent blown you clutch yet? yeah i dont know if you talked to your dad but i went down to your garage and was getting ready to throw my clutch in and i decided that i didnt feel like it. i had the thing jacked up and ready to go and decided that it was going to be to much work. i talked to a buddy of mine and he said that his dad new someone who would do it for as well as weld the exhaust together. all the local shops around here were giving me @#$% about how they wouldnt use someone elses parts. any ways i gunna save a lot of money

see yA
Old 04-17-2006, 03:58 AM
Alex01Tib

"Sounds like a nice car" - like he hasnt been in it/driven it.

Thats funny lol you went down to my house and just said to my dad, "hey ima change my clutch is that cool?"

wow thats funny.

Seriously we'll do it right when i get back from school. Mine too. My stocker is still holding up, but it should be since the fastest i can go around here is 45, 30 usually. no chance to burnout anywhere. Which is probably a blessing in disguise, so i wont be tempted.

And its stupid that the shop wouldnt use somebody elses parts, just saving them cash. But we can just weld some flanges on there and do her up. just gotta buy a mig.

LOL you sounded like such a hick "i gunna save money"

Oh i guess i should have said in the first post that i also removed power steering :-D not just for the gains, but its so much easier to work in my bay without it.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:08 AM
smoothoperator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Alex01Tib

Hey guys i just figured id sign up instead of browsing under my friends name.

As i said in the title i dont have a mustang, but my best friend is musangdrvr2019 and i help him work on his car and vise versa. I looked around on here looking for some info on his car and I like the forum so i figured id sign up and let you know about my Tib.

As far as mustangs it was always me and my friends intention to get some GT mustangs and mod them out, obviously things dont always go to plan. I saw my tib and fell in love with it and the price tag, and he ended up settling for a V6 since the only GT he could get was auto. Still might get a stang but not right now as im enjoying the tib.

I know some of you V8 guys arent going to like a I-4 hanging around but usually people respect the turbo. My Engine goodies inclue a 2.0L with a Garret T3 Super 60, Equal length ram head manifold, FMIC, mirror-polished charge pipes, Vortech FMU, DSM BOV, Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate, Custom 2.5" Catback, Hi-flow Magnaflow Cat, OBX straight thru muffler (sounds great, not ricer like), OBX Underdrive pulley, B&M short shifter, Pro control boost controller, greddy catch can, apexi turbo timer.

Other stuff would be my pioneer head unit with Mofset 50X4 and a cerwin vega 12" sub pushed by a rockford fosgate 600w amp in a dual ported plexiglass front box. clear corners, a carbon fiber reverse vented hood (keeps engine alot cooler, 25lbs lighter than stock), and some painted interior parts (classy not riced), some white face gauges, pillar pod for my boost and afr gauges, B&M short shifter, etc.

Boosting 5 pounds right now until i can get my stage 3 clutch in and install my additional injectors with my SMT-6 tuning it. Looking to boost about 15 pounds daily @ about 250-300 whp, good for ~ low 13's on street tires. Have all the components for my set up just gotta get it in after schools out. Perhaps after some engine internal changes ill push ~400 but its my daily for now so i gotta go easy on her since im a college student studying biochemistry and cant afford to have daily driving problems and be stranded without a car. Oh and i guess i should say i do all my own work with the exception of the exhaust as i dont have a mandrel bender.

Heres some pics, comment if you like but dont try and convince me to get a stang lol

The gauge was just sitting there and the 12v splitter is out of there, its a messy pic but you get the idea

What are you runnin on the dyno?
Old 04-17-2006, 02:08 PM
rnoble324
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:01 PM
SoCalQT
2nd Gear Member

welcome to the forums