New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member considering GT convertible

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 05:56 PM
2GKT5
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New member considering GT convertible

Heres my 2 cents...

Why don't you keep the vette, and buy a 6er vert and do some aesthetic mods to look like a GT (best of both worlds).

Or you can stick with your original plan and sell the vette, get the GT, and then imo slap on a supercharger for around ~$5k and that should put you really close to 425 rwhp.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:01 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

going from a vette to a gt will suck, just get a cobra vert
Old 06-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Mustang Buster
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys for all the advice and input. I guess I will see how much I can sell the Vette for, as we really enjoyed the GT, so I think we are leaning in that direction. I guess having the family with me will make up for not being the fastest car in the neighborhood anymore.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:01 AM
Mustang Buster
1st Gear Member

Well, I sold the Corvette on Saturday, and will be ordering my new 2007 Mustang GT Premium Convertible this Wednesday! I am really looking forward to joining the herd!

Buster
Old 06-21-2006, 01:59 AM
Mustang Buster
1st Gear Member

Well, I finally got it ordered! The dealership said I should have it no later than mid-August, so now the anxious wait begins. In addition to the standard equipment, here is what I ordered:

T85/180A GT Premium Convertible
44L Automatic Transmission
64W 18" Polished Wheels
17L Wheel Locking Kit
14A Active Anti-Theft
43A Front Seat Airbags
59B Convertible Soft Boot
50S Sirius Satellite Radio
53B Comfort Group
18G Interior Upgrade Package
68B Premier Trim Package
86C/CA Black Cloth Roof
TL Satin Silver Metallic
KW Dark Charcoal Leather Interior
90E Exhaust Tips
90S Wheel Cap Spinners
90W Floormats
67L Satin Panel

I pretty much ordered it fully loaded except for the GT Appearance Package because I didn't like the fake hood scoop. I also didn't order the Shaker 1000, because I would rather have my trunk, and I don't need any extra weight. I already have enough of that with the rest of my order, ha, ha. I also ordered the auto trans instead of the five-speed with the 3.55 mainly for the wife, as that is what she wanted. But also because this this is going to be more of a cruiser for the whole family to enjoy. My 2000 C5 Corvette was a six-speed, and I will miss that, but the auto trans in the 2006 I test drove shifted pretty well and did not hunt, so I'm happy with that compromise.

Thanks for everybody's help. If not for seeing all the pics provided by members here, I still would not have felt comfortable ordering without first seeing the color brochure. The brochure is still not out by the way, ha, ha.

So does anyone know how to track the order to get the dates more specific?

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Buster
Old 07-12-2006, 12:21 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Hello Buster, Mrs Buster, and Buster Jr.

I'm new here too. Congrats on ordering your new Mustang. I ordered a 2007 Premium Coupe on June 12 and have received no info about delivery date from my dealer. I spoke to him on Mon July 10th and he said he would find out and call me. Today makes a full month since ordering and no call from him. Can anyone tell me what kind of tracking info I am entitled to? I am getting very concerned with this guys integrity. If I have to reorder from another dealer I couldn't take the extra wait. I'm freaking out already.

Good luck with your Mustang and I'm sure you'll all love it.

ORIGINAL: Mustang Buster

Well, I finally got it ordered! The dealership said I should have it no later than mid-August, so now the anxious wait begins. In addition to the standard equipment, here is what I ordered:

T85/180A GT Premium Convertible
44L Automatic Transmission
64W 18" Polished Wheels
17L Wheel Locking Kit
14A Active Anti-Theft
43A Front Seat Airbags
59B Convertible Soft Boot
50S Sirius Satellite Radio
53B Comfort Group
18G Interior Upgrade Package
68B Premier Trim Package
86C/CA Black Cloth Roof
TL Satin Silver Metallic
KW Dark Charcoal Leather Interior
90E Exhaust Tips
90S Wheel Cap Spinners
90W Floormats
67L Satin Panel

I pretty much ordered it fully loaded except for the GT Appearance Package because I didn't like the fake hood scoop. I also didn't order the Shaker 1000, because I would rather have my trunk, and I don't need any extra weight. I already have enough of that with the rest of my order, ha, ha. I also ordered the auto trans instead of the five-speed with the 3.55 mainly for the wife, as that is what she wanted. But also because this this is going to be more of a cruiser for the whole family to enjoy. My 2000 C5 Corvette was a six-speed, and I will miss that, but the auto trans in the 2006 I test drove shifted pretty well and did not hunt, so I'm happy with that compromise.

Thanks for everybody's help. If not for seeing all the pics provided by members here, I still would not have felt comfortable ordering without first seeing the color brochure. The brochure is still not out by the way, ha, ha.

So does anyone know how to track the order to get the dates more specific?

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Buster