New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hey fellas, im new

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 11:01 PM
Sean W.
4th Gear Member

Default Hey fellas, im new

Hey fellas,

Because this is my first post, let me tell you a little bit about my self before i tell you about my ride. My name Is Sean, I am 15 years old and I live in Claremont/ more regonizably Pomona California. I am currently a Sophmore at Claremont High School. Some of my interests are Volly Ball ( im on the school team ), basket ball, foot ball, Girls ;-) , Model railroading and Cars! I got into cars because my next door neighbor buys cars from the auction, fixes em up, and sells them and repeats the process, and I saw him working out there every day on his cars, so one day I approached him and said hi, and the rest is history, he is like my best friend and someone i turn to to help me with all my problems. so, Thats how I got into cars. That was about 7 years ago, now, I own my own car and I am starting to fix her up and get her running again. and on that note lemme tell you about my car.

I am the VERY proud owner of a 1968 Ford Mustang Coupe. I have had it for all of 2 weeks Before i had the pleasure of owning it, a teen owned it who fixed it up ( as best he could, did not do a very good job of it ), then street raced it, which, ultimatly made him loose his car. he got caught street racing and the car was impounded. and after a couple of calls, the car ended up in a towing yard where every other tuesday they have car auctions, and last tuesday, this car whent up for sale. to make a long story short, I won the car and paid $2125 for it. Its purple[:@] LOL, nothing i cant change though right. any way, the body is in perfect condition, there is transmission fluid in the radiator and i think one of the valves is shot. not sure yet. where the most amount of work is going to be is on the inside of the car. It has bucket seats ( gunna rip em' outa there and get original seats ), needs a new back seat, the transmission seams to be good, its a V8 289 W/ 302 valve covers?? i think can someone correct me on that? it needs a new carpet to replace the one thats not there, needs a new dash pad, because im me and i want a new front bumper, its gunna get a new bumper, gunna get a original sterring wheel, all all the other small things that need to be done to it. It has NEVER been in an accident so the frame is absalutly straight and all fenders are in awsome condition. and when im all done its gunna get a fire engine red W/ white racing stripes paint scheme ( undecided, might get blue W/ racing stripes or elenor gray W/ racing strips not sure yet) and either vanilla or black interrior, undecided on that. if you want to view picture you can see them here: http://www.all-model-railroading.co....?topic=3948.15
just scroll down and when you start to get near the bottom you will see pics, there are 7 pics there. if anyone has any questions or concerns with anything ask me. im hear to learn and take in all the information that I can get. so anything anyone can tell me will be great. tell me what you think about my car. THANKS!