New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello everyone, new to the Mustang world!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 04:47 AM
jodl73

Default Hello everyone, new to the Mustang world!

Hey everyone. I have been viewing this site for a while now and have just registered. I currently own a 2003 lightning yellow Evo 8. One of the first ones to come to the states, bought in March 2003 and will be done paying for it in 2008! I jus have intake and downpipe and exhaust mods.
Guess what I plan to buy as my next car? A torch red Mustang GT convertible. I own a condominium in Las Vegas, and I wanted to buy a car for just there. I knew I didn't have to do the AWD thing because it doesn't snow there. Plus I wanted something that would be cool cruising down the boulevard. I picked the Mustang because of it's sexy retro design, ease of modding and customizing, and intimidating exhaust note. I really didn't want another foreign car because if I wanted a Vegas car it might as well be all American. It just says "Vegas", the classy look of the Mustang goes hand in hand with the Las Vegas surroundings, also having a rero flavor. I am no stranger to American muscle. In high school I drove a 1969 Chevelle.It was a beast with a 350. After that it was an AWD Eclipse GSX, a WRX, now my Evo.
I have learned a lot since viewing this site, now I can interact with you guys in case Ineed advice. I also can hopefully provide some input where imports are concerned. Especially since I am 50/50 where imports vs. domestics are concerned. In fact when I was in high school in the late 80's/early 90's I wanted a Mustang GT as my first car. I loved the roar of the exhaust. One thing about Amercian muscle that imports will never duplicate is that special intimidating exhaust note. Anyway when Ford decided to go retro I fell in love with the new shape. I didn't like the early boxy shapes, they looked more like Tempos than Mustangs. I just hope that when the Camaro and Challenger come out that I don't jump ship. That Camaro convertible looks pretty sexy!
To tell you the truth I think the Mustang is in my view import like in terms of technology. How? Well, the Mustang is presently making more horsepower than it has been in a long while. At the same time keeping the same displacement, even shrinking. Remember when the 5.0 made 225hp and dropped to 215? Now it is a 4.6 with 300hp. Not to mention it uses multi valves and multi cams, no in block camshaft. And how about variable valve timing? Chevy and Dodge still use one cam, 2 valves per cylinder and need to increase displacement to achieve more power. Mustang like most import companies keep smaller displacement, but still make big power. I just hope future Mustangs make around 350hp, considering the 350z is putting out 300hp out of its 3.5L six.
Well I hope to talk with you guys in the future! I will share my plans to build my Mustang in a later post as I am at typing this at work. Talk to you later!
Old 01-13-2007, 09:25 AM
93 FHP SSP
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Hello everyone, new to the Mustang world!

Welcome to the forums!!! Post some pics.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:46 AM
gtrichyo6
2nd Gear Member

Welcome
Old 01-13-2007, 10:01 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

welcome!
Old 01-13-2007, 11:34 AM
1MACH886

welcome!so is the evo fast? i wanna run a evo mr in my area but he is scared! dont get a GT get something better like Bullit, Mach1, or Cobra they are rare cars and better than a GT although Bullits are pretty much the same. no wing little nicer and better intake for about 5-10 more rwhp
Old 01-13-2007, 03:29 PM
mustang_pa
4th Gear Member

welcome get what you want it is your choice
Old 01-14-2007, 03:45 AM
jodl73

ORIGINAL: 1MACH886

welcome!so is the evo fast? i wanna run a evo mr in my area but he is scared! dont get a GT get something better like Bullit, Mach1, or Cobra they are rare cars and better than a GT although Bullits are pretty much the same. no wing little nicer and better intake for about 5-10 more rwhp
I like the retro design of the present Mustang. I like classic Mustangs. I also want a brand new one,not a used, like if I were to get the ones you mentioned. If I wanted a rare one I would get the GT500, but can't afford it. I'd say the Evo is fast, but I have one of the slower ones as it is a 2003 and I have only exhaust mods, no boost controller or computer tune. You should be able to give a good race to that Evo MR, just be careful and make sure he is stock, because even light mods would up his advantage. Judging by your 280 rwhp and even more torque, I'd say you are putting out plenty of power!
Old 01-14-2007, 09:44 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!
Old 01-17-2007, 03:02 PM
1MACH886

ORIGINAL: jodl73

ORIGINAL: 1MACH886

I like the retro design of the present Mustang. I like classic Mustangs. I also want a brand new one,not a used, like if I were to get the ones you mentioned. If I wanted a rare one I would get the GT500, but can't afford it. I'd say the Evo is fast, but I have one of the slower ones as it is a 2003 and I have only exhaust mods, no boost controller or computer tune. You should be able to give a good race to that Evo MR, just be careful and make sure he is stock, because even light mods would up his advantage. Judging by your 280 rwhp and even more torque, I'd say you are putting out plenty of power!
thanks! at least your honest.he has a stage 2 turbo no tune and exhaust sez he runs 11s