New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

How to check particular Mustang (legal status, accidant history, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 02:26 AM
jdef90

Default How to check particular Mustang (legal status, accidant history, etc.)

Hello Everybody,

maybe I become more frequently user that nice forum... I've found a nice Mustang with a bargain price... and I wuold like to check it and probably buy it.

I'm from Europe, Poland and there bargain price means: be very carefull when buying a car.

Becouse my knowledge about mustangs is very poor so far, I would like to ask you some questions:

The car has only one key. Is it a standard?
There is no service history book and no owners manual...
Where I could check the VIN number (is it mulitplicated at the body? any secret stickers?)
Where I could check the engine number and mayby production series number (some times in EU but in other countries are existing 2 identical cars with same VIN, same equipment etc... but one was "prepared" by "smart guys"... I would like to avoid such surprise)?

Maybe someone is able to check the VIN number more deeply than CARFAX data base (1ZVFT80N665235975). I'm able also to read number plates but do not have any idea where are them from: DZY 44 sth....

Or maybe finallysome one is recognising that car ? [&:]
it has delicate rear right wing damage and GT badge in place of standard mustang rear badge (it's V6)

I'll be very glad for any answears... I'm crazy a little about that car...