New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Howdy all - finally bought my first Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 04:25 AM
yamaholic

Smile Howdy all - finally bought my first Mustang

Hi all - just signed up for the forums and figured I'd post a couple pics of my new project. I've wanted a Mustang ever since I've been old enough to know what a car is and finally couldn't help myself! She's a 2003 V6 (for now!) 5 speed with about 130k miles and was totally stock (other than the radio) when I picked it up for basically free a month or so ago. So far I've added a CAI, Tokico adjustable suspension (lowering springs and 4 way shocks), caster/camber plates, American Muscle 18" wheels, 245/40-18 tires, Pioneer audio with touchscreen Android Auto deck and 4 speakers, billet aluminum shift **** (adds at least 50hp), and misc. little interior/body/cosmetic fixes (still need to paint and install my new front bumper and install the new headlights I bought). The car had been sitting in my buddy's driveway for 2+ years and hadn't been ran, he decided to move out of town and needed to get rid of the car quick and I couldn't say no! Surprisingly a jump start and a bit of cranking and it fired right up and has ran great since. I had actually just finished putting a head gasket and various other work into my last car I ended up with in a similar deal (another friend's 2002 Civic that had been parked for probably 3 years) and was fairly content with that as an econo beater commuter car...just something to keep the miles off of my truck running around town. Well, I ended up selling the Honda and made a pretty nice chunk of $ and have been way, way happier with the Mustang as a commuter - in fact it almost gets as good of mileage and is a lot more fun to drive, and I don't have to have such dark window tint since I don't mind being seen in it! Living among so many great twisty mountain roads here in Colorado I want to get it to handle first before I do anything with the engine, but eventually I'd like to bump it up in power - maybe a Coyote swap and/or (since my favorite places to play are such high altitude) something with a turbo or 2...I've driven a couple newer F-150s with Ecoboost V6s and love that motor, although the Coyote sounds so nice I might have to go that route if anything. Anyway, enough rambling - anyone here in CO and planning on doing the High Rockies Mustang Club cruise for a cause on Aug 26th? https://www.facebook.com/events/274601279941613/
Old 07-27-2018, 04:26 AM
yamaholic