New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newbie and First Time Mustang Owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 07:21 PM
LizzieLou

Default Newbie and First Time Mustang Owner

Good evening! I'm new here, and a first time Mustang owner ('89 Mustang GT) Let me be the first to tell you I am a complete NOOB when it comes to working on cars. However, this car is extremely special to me, and I want to learn everything I can about it. Since I learn more by doing, I want to get my hands dirty and do as much of the work as I can myself (with the help of more knowledgeable friends/family of course). This car will need to be gutted (engine and interior) so I've got a long road ahead of me.

I inherited this car when my dad passed away from lung/throat cancer. He bought this car not long before he got sick. He re-did the front end, then found out his cancer returned. While he was too sick to get out of bed, he ordered the parts to re-do the back, then passed away before he was able to work on it any more. I just had the car moved from my dad's old property to my mothers house. I'll be moving it to my garage just as soon as I can purge stuff from my garage and make room for it. I'm excited to start this journey, and will need lots of help and guidance!

Old 11-25-2018, 11:27 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay.
Sorry to hear about you're dad.
I'm pretty sure you will be able to get most of the info you will need to get that beauty fixed up nice.