New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Just a hello and a couple Mustang questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 03:38 PM
Bemgolf

Default Just a hello and a couple Mustang questions

Hello Mustang owners. I have given up my Focus ST for a GTI. This was to lower my payment to allow me to save more cash down payment for my first real sports car. The V8, 5.0 sound and feel is too much. Some would say this will be my first sports car but the focus ST was really quick from the start and around corners. Unfortunately it does not have a v8 and the incredible sound it provides. Great car in different ways. So I have adored the Grabber Blue for a while. I check the Ford site every year to see if it will come back, but it looks like it’s on a 5 to 6 year interval. Has anyone heard if this color is gone for good or when it may be offered by Ford again? The Mustang fans online are screaming for it to make a comeback. I am not a fan of custom ordering a 5.0, but would this allow me to select any color they have had in the past, or only the color palette for the current year? Since I am enjoying the questions I have a couple more. Say I bought a Mustang and was to get it painted this Grabber Blue what color car would make it easier for the painter to work with and what in the world would that run me? Thanks for all the information and education you can provide.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:45 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

You'd have to completely strip the paint and primer to repaint to grabber blue.
The primer color determines the robustness of the paint. Though, just
about every VW I have had, the primer was a light gray, almost white.

If you can find a very fresh 2017, they came in grabber blue (CI, M7210A) . Then it
went to lightening blue in 2018, 2019, so you'll have to wait till 2020 to see what they
have.

2014 was also a grabber blue year, it's not every six years, so 2020 is looking good
for the next release of grabber blue. Also the first year for the Hybrid.

2010, also Grabber Blue year, so looks like every four...

Here is how primer works:
The lighter the primer, the lighter the top paint will look, and thus the darker the primer the
darker the paint will look. Primer color basically effects the tint of the paint. You want blue
so go with white primer and it will look like glass. Go with black primer, and it will be glossy
dark blue. If you would go with green, it will have a darker blue than white, with a hint of
purple. So, you would also need to know what color primer they're using for Grabber Blue.
However, any competent paint shop should be able to mix it for you. The primer is said to
be a lighter gray, and also a shop I spoke to says white or light grey sealer works great for
this color.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:16 PM
Bemgolf

Thumbs up Thanks for the info

Have you heard anyone talking about the grabber blue coming back. Cj Pony parts shows the colors that they have heard for the 2020 line up and it shows the grabber lime coming back but no grabber blue at this time. When will the 2020 info be officially released by Ford? Is this normally around June? Thanks again and once they release the Grabber I will be jumping into my first mustang.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:45 AM
pantheman75

Welcome!