Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Steeda Ultra Light Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 06:53 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda Ultra Light Problems

ORIGINAL: wasvette

I went with the GT500 OEM strut mounts when I did my spring swap...no noise and stiffer than stock and $200 cheaper than the Steeda heavy duty...I have plenty of Steeda parts but $300 is crazy for that one component
Hi wasvette,

Well as you know the answer is "it depends." If you have aminimal suspension setup, never play with yoursuspensionwith noneed to change camberand you only haveyour alignment done in a shopI would agree that the Steeda HD strut mounts are pricey. If you work on your suspension regularly or have a broader need in terms of performance alignment there is nothing like the Steeda HD strut mounts on the market. They are AFAIK the only isolated roller bearing strut mounts on the market not to mention the 2 degrees of camber adjustment, billet spring seatssteelalloyplates and oversized hardware. For what some folksspend on suspension $300 is not adeal breaker given the long term return. If those GT500 strut mounts take a dumpon you you will have spent just as much as if you had installed the Steeda mounts in the first place. Heck the guys with blowersspend can that much for a couple ofweekends offuel to keep their motors out ofdetonation. Like I said it depends.

Cheers!

Old 02-17-2008, 08:22 PM
oh6ponygirl
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda Ultra Light Problems

I'll have to agree with you here F1Fan.To gain alignment capability, you will either spend 300 up top for these mounts or 300 down belowfor camber plates. However, the problems I had installing these (as stated in my 1st reply to this post), although not catastrophic, were legitimate. It wouldn't nessessarily take a guy who "never heard of a torque wrench or bothered to read the installation instructions"(as you stated in your earlier reply) to make an error. As a matter of fact, the instructions I recieved with the mountsand with my sport springs were rather shabby.The photos were so grainy they were practically illegible.I keep hoping Beast updates this post with his findings just to satisfy my curiosity.