Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

DD Springs: Roush or Steeda

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 02:56 PM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by stang910
I have the steeda ultra lite springs and they are very close to the factory ride. I have over 15,000 miles on them and the factory shocks and struts are still doing the job. I've heard the roush springs don't have the best comfort.
This is the typical feedback we get from customers on our Ultra-Lite springs. I've moved quite a few customers to our springs from other brands. Particularly the Roush and FRPP specifically to improve ride quality and have not had a disappointed customer yet. If you are concerned about ride quality the Ultra-lites are your best choice.

Gus
Old 06-22-2009, 05:58 PM
UMich97
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vapour Trails
Oh right, Michigan, I should have known. I'd still bet ours are worse.
Yikes.....I know when I moved back to Michigan, I was shocked how bad the roads were. Having been gone for 6+ yrs, I had forgotten. .....and if yours are worse, ouch, I don't even want to imagine.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:34 PM
UMich97
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SteedaGus
This is the typical feedback we get from customers on our Ultra-Lite springs. I've moved quite a few customers to our springs from other brands. Particularly the Roush and FRPP specifically to improve ride quality and have not had a disappointed customer yet. If you are concerned about ride quality the Ultra-lites are your best choice.

Gus
Thanks Gus. Definitely interested in maintaining as much ride quality as I can, with our pothole laden roads here in Michigan. Honestly, my first priority is to get my car's rear lowered, so that my Steeda wing flows well with the car. Stock just seems to sit a little too high visually IMO, but I'm fairly happy with the stock ride for a DD. If I do the ultra-lites, will I be able to get away with just doing the springs at first and doing shocks/struts later? Would I need anything else to assure the car stays properly aligned, or can I go with just the springs first? I'm trying to find the most cost-effective way to get the rear lowered and maintain as much ride quality as possible. I'll then look to do more suspension work down the road as I have more funds available.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:11 PM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by UMich97
Thanks Gus. Definitely interested in maintaining as much ride quality as I can, with our pothole laden roads here in Michigan. Honestly, my first priority is to get my car's rear lowered, so that my Steeda wing flows well with the car. Stock just seems to sit a little too high visually IMO, but I'm fairly happy with the stock ride for a DD. If I do the ultra-lites, will I be able to get away with just doing the springs at first and doing shocks/struts later? Would I need anything else to assure the car stays properly aligned, or can I go with just the springs first? I'm trying to find the most cost-effective way to get the rear lowered and maintain as much ride quality as possible. I'll then look to do more suspension work down the road as I have more funds available.

You will save in labor by doing both together, but if the budget does not allow it you can do the springs by themselves on the stock shocks and struts.