Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Follow up to my "FRPP Springs"... [56k warning]

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 03:23 AM
peetiewonder
2nd Gear Member

u have b4 and after pix of the car?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Z06 Killer
Just a question and I am sorry if this was asked before, but did you pre-load the suspension before tightening everything down? If not it can cause binding and make the car rest higher?
Yes I did. That really goes for the control arms, but I didn't even mess with them because I didn't need to loosen them.

@Peetie, there is pics of before in the previous thread

@Stormracer, thanks so much, I appreciate the e-mail. It is really some bull**** that a company can treat a customer like this...
Old 04-20-2010, 02:07 PM
StreetSideAuto.com
Former Sponsor

Hello to all Mustang Forum Fans.

We have been addressing the issue with the original poster and would like to update the community. The purchase of the springs took place on November 8th 2009 for a set of Ford Racing M-5300-N springs.

The customer contacted us with concerns that the springs where not lowering the car and were not performing as advertised. After double-checking the part number and application with Ford Racing we were able to confirm that the part was correct for the application. Working with Ford Racing we determined that if the customer was unsatisfied that we would return the product and we would defect them out to Ford Racing.

On February 22nd we forwarded a prepaid shipping label with a Return Material Authorization to the original poster. Our return policy states that all returns regardless of reason can take place within 60 days so long as the part is not used. In this situation working with Ford Racing we determined a return was necessary even though it was outside of a normal return time frame and unused return criteria.

We did not receive the product from the original poster and the prepaid return labels effective shipping life expired. The customer did not contact us again until the second week of April--two months after the parts were authorized for return.

After consulting with Ford Racing we informed the customer that the only recourse after this five-month time frame is to work with Ford Racing directly. At this time the original poster made the accusation that we were selling counterfeit product verbally over the phone. Please see previous emails below between the original poster, Ford Racing and SSA customer service staff.

We strive to provide the best possible customer service in all cases. You can conduct a short search online to find hundreds of satisfied customers who hold our customer service in high regard. Three independent rating firms (Nextag, Bizrate, & PriceGrabber) all have numerous accounts of post sale and post install unbiased favorable ratings. We are proud to hold the highest possible rating with every firm.

In this case we feel we have provided over the top support. The user was provided an opportunity for a full refund, which he did not exercise. Street Side Auto feels that the customer’s best recourse will be to take up the issue with Ford Racing directly.

We are an advertiser and sponsor of the Mustang Forums and have extended a 10% off coupon for all forum members to use (Coupon Code “Mustang”). We have sold many items to your members without issue and you can count on us to always to provide the highest level of customer support. We are enthusiasts ourselves at Street Side Auto and treat our customers as we would want to be treated. Thank you for reviewing our account of the situation.

Please see the email communications below in regards to the issue.

Original Poster Email to SSA 4/17/10
Attached are photos of the Ford Lowering springs you guys sent me (blue ones) compared to the OEM Ford springs on the car (black ones).
>
> As you can see, the Ford Lowering springs you guys sent me are near the same height or even taller than the OEM springs. These are progressive springs so they do not really settle that much at all, because the progressive part is what specifies the height of the vehicle.
>
> My order # is XXXXX
>
> I don't want to cause any trouble for you guys, I just want to have the correct set of springs that was advertised and what I paid for.

Response from Ford Motorsports in regards to an incorrect part & counterfeit part claim

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 9:02 AM
To: Schmidt, Jamie
Subject: RE: ATTN: Jamie, Ford Racing Springs [ET-3486355237516285370]

Those are definitely our Springs.

Ray Herron
Ford Racing
Technical Support Group
(800) 367-3788
rherron9@ford.com
Please Visit WWW.TheFordStory.com

Last Email Communication on 4/19/10 from our customer service department.

Please see the reply from Ford Racing below. The springs you received are a Genuine Ford Racing part regardless of the box they were delivered in. The box may have been replaced due to shipping damage by the distributor we purchased them from. Since the correct part was shipped and installed we can not return them and all warranty would be done through Ford Racing. Please see our Return policy if you have any questions.

http://www.streetsideauto.com/returns.asp

Non-Returnable Parts: Factory Special-Order Parts, Racing Parts, Installed Parts, Painted Parts, and Custom Made Parts cannot be returned for credit for any reason. Electrical parts are not returnable for credit if plugged in or unsealed for any reason. Installed parts and electrical parts are only covered against manufacturer defects and are subject to a warranty exchange only, at the manufacturer's discretion.

Regards,Jamie Schmidt
Customer Service Manager
StreetSideAuto.com

Last edited by StreetSideAuto.com; 04-20-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

Hey street side auto, you said numerous times in your post "Ford Motor Sports"
First, there is no Ford Motor Sports, it is Ford Racing, or Ford Racing Performance Parts, or even FRPP for short.

At least educate yourself on the products you sell!
Old 04-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

First of all, I contacted you guys saying I won't be able to send it within that time frame, because I didn't have my stock springs to switch out. I called you guys and your customer rep said they would resend me one when I needed it.

Funny how you forgot to mention that part?

Second of all, they only claimed it was a "ford part". They did NOT claim it was the correct part. You guys are taking absolutely no responsibility for the part YOU SOLD me. Just because it is a Ford part doesn't mean you send me the correct part. I brought the springs into a mechanic shop and compared them to OEM springs, and the shop who has worked with other FRPP springs before were baffled at the fact that these springs were TALLER. I even talked to people on this forum about their FRPP springs, and even said it did not look right.

You guys told me that I should of KNOWN that the part was wrong? The SAME goes for you! Why don't you take responsibility too? You said it yourself, the box was damaged so you had to put the springs into another box. That means you guys saw the springs yourselves and you couldn't even identify the difference. Now you say to me that I should of known? The only way I could of known is if I installed it on the car, and since I did that you now refuse to take back the springs.

If you guys had such great customer service, then you would take the spring back and deal with Ford yourself instead of taking my money and telling my tough ****, then pawn me off to Ford.

Last edited by Avalanch3; 04-20-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:58 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I'm OK with this right now but this thread is gonna be short lived I'm afraid...

OP, the length of any springs OFF the car don't mean squat, so educate yourself on that.
You should have returned those springs right away back in the days.
Now that they are well used, you lost your credibility and you look like you just want to change spring rate at this point.
I know it's not the case but vendors deal with this in a regular basis so they have no way to know that you are legit. Should have returned them without all the mileage you put on them.

Z06 Killer, people (myself included) in the business still refer to FRPP as Ford Motorsport because that's what it was called for so long but we all mean FRPP.
I even have guys answering "Ford Motorsport" when I called their tech line a couple of times, lol.
So chew on that and educate yourself as well.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Should have returned them without all the mileage you put on them.
They wouldn't of accepted the return even it had 5 miles on it Pascal. They said since it was installed, it is considered used. I called them within a week after I installed the springs, and have only driven around 1000 miles only because I was told they were supposed to settle.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:42 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Avalanch3
They wouldn't of accepted the return even it had 5 miles on it Pascal. They said since it was installed, it is considered used. I called them within a week after I installed the springs, and have only driven around 1000 miles only because I was told they were supposed to settle.
Doesn't make sense since you have to install them to see if they're what they are.
I don't know what to tell you from here...

Just be civil on the boards while taking legal action in your personal life with them if you feel it's necessary.

I don't want this thread to turn into a Vendor bashing war even if you got a point because it degenerates quickly from there.
Vendors that take advantage of members or have a cr@ppy customer service will lose sale eventually anyway.
I'm not saying that Street Side is going that route BTW.
It happened recently with a notorious vendor that isn't so notorious anymore, lol.
They got what they deserved IMO.

Thanks.

Last edited by pascal; 04-20-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:00 AM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
I'm OK with this right now but this thread is gonna be short lived I'm afraid...

OP, the length of any springs OFF the car don't mean squat, so educate yourself on that.
You should have returned those springs right away back in the days.
Now that they are well used, you lost your credibility and you look like you just want to change spring rate at this point.
I know it's not the case but vendors deal with this in a regular basis so they have no way to know that you are legit. Should have returned them without all the mileage you put on them.

Z06 Killer, people (myself included) in the business still refer to FRPP as Ford Motorsport because that's what it was called for so long but we all mean FRPP.
I even have guys answering "Ford Motorsport" when I called their tech line a couple of times, lol.
So chew on that and educate yourself as well.

Pascal- You are right I may have been a little sharp with my comments and I too remember once FRPP being called Ford Motorsport, but didn't that change back in like 1993 or so? LOL any who, please feel free to remove my post if it has crossed any bounds I just get a bit upset when I see a customer go through a tough time since I have been there before a few times. One was not so long ago with a certain sponsor here over a clutch and flywheel, so I can empathize with this guy.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:36 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Z06 Killer
Pascal- You are right I may have been a little sharp with my comments and I too remember once FRPP being called Ford Motorsport, but didn't that change back in like 1993 or so? LOL any who, please feel free to remove my post if it has crossed any bounds I just get a bit upset when I see a customer go through a tough time since I have been there before a few times. One was not so long ago with a certain sponsor here over a clutch and flywheel, so I can empathize with this guy.
No need to remove your post, it's cool.
I kinda snapped at you because I didn't want the next guy to make a worse comment and so on until it's out of hand.
Just doing a little prevention, that's all...