Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Steeda sport springs + Koni yellows = WIN

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 01:08 AM
GRABOID
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I'm sorry, doing the best I can.

Many don't know this--but I'm the epitome of a small business. It's just me and sometimes a little shipping help and book-keeping help from my sister and another friend. And I'm swamped beyond belief.

This week has been particularly bad. I had 3 huge shipments of parts come in that I had to get into inventory and shipped out. I'm coming to the end of a 5 week stretch of SCCA National events which has me gone one to two days during the week--and I'm trying to get my new 5.0 car ready to run....

I'm not Summit Racing, there aren't 50 people here answering the phone, let alone anything else. If you have a little time, I'd like your business. What I'm doing is related to learning about these cars and making them better.

Slow down boss . Dont work yourself to death! Got the set up on mine today and love it!!! Im especially glad I called back and go those HD mounts. I like the alignment pointers on the mounts. That would come in handy with a track car as you could mark off the settings in the tower and use them....which I figure is what they were for anyway?
Old 07-18-2010, 01:10 AM
GRABOID
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by crescent_wrench
What do you guys have the front camber set to? I'm going in Saturday for an alignment and am aiming for -1 degree per Sam's suggestion. Just wondering. I've been eating my tires for a week now.

...when you installed them did you push them all the way toward the motor? I almost did lol till I checked the hub!!!! wow you can get more neg c than I thought with those.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:21 AM
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GRABOID
...when you installed them did you push them all the way toward the motor? I almost did lol till I checked the hub!!!! wow you can get more neg c than I thought with those.
I had them installed at a Mustang specific shop. They centered the little pointers and just tightened things down. The alignment yesterday went well. The initial numbers were well within spec (-1.7 right and -1.5 left) and all he had to do was get me to -1 camber. I sat in the car while he made adjustments so we could account for my additional weight in the car. Final camber is -1.1 right and -1.3 left. He said its as close as its going to get and is normal. Toe is close to 0.

Car drives extremely well. Very happy.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:29 PM
GRABOID
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by crescent_wrench
I had them installed at a Mustang specific shop. They centered the little pointers and just tightened things down. The alignment yesterday went well. The initial numbers were well within spec (-1.7 right and -1.5 left) and all he had to do was get me to -1 camber. I sat in the car while he made adjustments so we could account for my additional weight in the car. Final camber is -1.1 right and -1.3 left. He said its as close as its going to get and is normal. Toe is close to 0.

Car drives extremely well. Very happy.

You know I was thinking about sitting in the car...crap. With my weight I probably have -5 camber when I sit in it LOL. I need to get my cousin to sit in it this weekend as I asked for 1.2 but they set 1.5 driver and 1.3 pass. Which is backwards to me correct?? Technicaly shouldnt it be lower on the driver side to account for weight? I will check that for sure this weekend as over 350lbs of azz in the driver seat makes a big difference

ETA guess not I see you are .2 higher on the driver side. That just seems backwards to me. Looks like the more weight is put on that side the more -cam you would get. Maybe Im not looking at something right.

Hey Sam speaking of that 5.0 how is it running?

Last edited by GRABOID; 07-19-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:56 PM
nemosgt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by smokinAMD
Correct. No modifications necessary. It's real simple. Took less than 45 minutes to put in my rear springs and shocks, and swap my stock springs and shocks into that 07 v6.

The only time your gonna have issues with parts from a 2005-2009 on a 2010 is cosmetic stuff, mostly. Most "hard parts" are all the same.
You may have a problem with aftermarket struts on the 2011. Tech couldn't install my D-specs from my '06. Seems the Ford strut mount is different on the new cars. Might affect installation of the Konis also. Still investigating but probably will have to install 2010 strut mounts in order to fit the Ds. Even was told you may have to use parts of a 2010 strut mount when using Steeda/aftermarket strut mounts. That is, buy two sets for one installation! Have another thread here about it, but no one seems to know what is actually required.

Cheers.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I know what's required....

2011 mounts are different. You can use the older car struts (they fit fine if you use a pre-2011 Mount setup).
Old 07-20-2010, 08:52 PM
nemosgt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I know what's required....

2011 mounts are different. You can use the older car struts (they fit fine if you use a pre-2011 Mount setup).
Thanks Sam.

Cheers.