Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Steeda sport springs + Koni yellows = WIN

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 01:52 AM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

Default Steeda sport springs + Koni yellows = WIN

I think of all the suspension modifications I've done to cars over the years, this has to be the best setup EVER. I've had coilovers before on 2 separate cars, one being an RX7, and this has to top even that.

The ease of adjusting them is just amazing. Set the fronts to medium stiff, the rears to full soft, wow, awesome hole shot and great traction for the 1/4 mile. Set the fronts to medium and the rears to full stiff, nothing but tire spin and you have a drift monster. Set the fronts to medium stiff and the rears to medium, you have a great handling car that you don't need a mouthpiece to keep from biting your tongue off going over bumps. The amount it lowered was just perfect too. Got rid of that annoying wheel gap.

Was well worth the price tag.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:40 AM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

that is almost exactly what my car is going to look like. i will be ordering the koni yellows plus steeda sport springs. the only difference is i think i will go with different wheels to cover up my near future BBK

looks great!......im even more antsy to get to work on mine soon
where did you get your brakes and wheels from?
Old 05-03-2010, 03:12 AM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

I stumbled onto the wheels and brakes by pure luck. I work part time at Advance Auto Parts (second job for mod money / vacation money / alcohol money) and this guy came in to get spark plugs for his F150. He asks who has the 2010 GT in the parking lot, I say that's mine. He goes on to tell me that he has a 2007 GT500 that he sent down to Vegas to Shelby to be converted over to a Supersnake. He asks if I'd like to get some of his stock parts from him. Of course I said yes, so I went on break to follow him to his house. Sure enough, he wasn't BSing me, and he had documentation to prove that the car was converted over to a Supersnake with only 420something miles on it, it currently only had 650 miles on it. So I snagged up the brembo setup for $600 and the wheels and tires for $800.

I made off like a bandit, the brake kit alone is worth that much if I was to buy it new, and it practically was new. Freaking rear tires alone are worth $800.

Best part is, I sold my stock front brake setup and suspension to my buddy since his girlfriend has a 2007 v6 Mustang with the pony package, so I got about half of my money back.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:58 AM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

Man what a sweet looking stang&deal on the parts don't you love intermodel compatibility between stangs
Old 05-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by smokinAMD
I stumbled onto the wheels and brakes by pure luck. I work part time at Advance Auto Parts (second job for mod money / vacation money / alcohol money) and this guy came in to get spark plugs for his F150. He asks who has the 2010 GT in the parking lot, I say that's mine. He goes on to tell me that he has a 2007 GT500 that he sent down to Vegas to Shelby to be converted over to a Supersnake. He asks if I'd like to get some of his stock parts from him. Of course I said yes, so I went on break to follow him to his house. Sure enough, he wasn't BSing me, and he had documentation to prove that the car was converted over to a Supersnake with only 420something miles on it, it currently only had 650 miles on it. So I snagged up the brembo setup for $600 and the wheels and tires for $800.

I made off like a bandit, the brake kit alone is worth that much if I was to buy it new, and it practically was new. Freaking rear tires alone are worth $800.

Best part is, I sold my stock front brake setup and suspension to my buddy since his girlfriend has a 2007 v6 Mustang with the pony package, so I got about half of my money back.
i wish i had such pure luck. your a lucky man.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Chainsaw

dumb question, but would the dealer installed the steeda springs/yellows for me?
Old 05-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Chainsaw

Plus, your running 2005-2008 yellows right? Koni's website doesn't list 2010s. ???
Old 05-03-2010, 10:04 PM
justin_burke05
2nd Gear Member

car's still looking good man! even better with the springs... i have to sneak the lowering springs/shocks up on my wife one day.. i got front grilles this week, rear exhaust next, and lowering equipment in the hole..
Old 05-04-2010, 01:17 AM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, dealers will install pretty much anything if you pay them.

The 05-10 stuff from Koni is all the same....while the '10 stuff OEM from Ford is an improvement on the 05-09 stuff, the Koni's are still better than anything from Ford, including the track pack.

Honestly though, anyone can install this stuff, it's super easy. Easiest suspension swap I've ever done. Took me less than 2 hours. Hell, putting my Roush exhaust on was more time consuming. Those mid-pipes are a biatch...

Justin, I feel your pain, my old lady told me if I spend anymore money on car's, she'd kill me. But then again, I did write a $6k check tonight buying a new car. Snagged up an '05 Focus zx3 as a daily driver / winter beater.

Sadly, I already joined FocalJet to see how difficult it is to swap gauge clusters, damn thing is completely base, crank windows, manual locks, only options it has is AC, and not having a tach is a bit lame, and that shift light is annoying as heck. However, I'm happy, because it was dirt cheap compared to other focus's of that year and with lower miles than most, and to top it off. It's yellow, so it's unique.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Chainsaw

Originally Posted by smokinAMD
Yeah, dealers will install pretty much anything if you pay them.

The 05-10 stuff from Koni is all the same....while the '10 stuff OEM from Ford is an improvement on the 05-09 stuff, the Koni's are still better than anything from Ford, including the track pack.

Honestly though, anyone can install this stuff, it's super easy. Easiest suspension swap I've ever done. Took me less than 2 hours. Hell, putting my Roush exhaust on was more time consuming. Those mid-pipes are a biatch...

Justin, I feel your pain, my old lady told me if I spend anymore money on car's, she'd kill me. But then again, I did write a $6k check tonight buying a new car. Snagged up an '05 Focus zx3 as a daily driver / winter beater.

Sadly, I already joined FocalJet to see how difficult it is to swap gauge clusters, damn thing is completely base, crank windows, manual locks, only options it has is AC, and not having a tach is a bit lame, and that shift light is annoying as heck. However, I'm happy, because it was dirt cheap compared to other focus's of that year and with lower miles than most, and to top it off. It's yellow, so it's unique.
Cool. Thanks. The reason why I want to go with a dealer install, is less hastle when I try to get the car service. Harder for them to blame stuff on aftermarket parts, when they installed it.

Quick Reply: Steeda sport springs + Koni yellows = WIN