Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Looking For Coilover Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 08:03 PM
steelcomp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by F1Fan
So what long range scopes that you've shot with did you like better? I've shot all of the scopes I've listed and a few others on a Tac-Ops X-Ray, FN A3 G and a heavy barrelled Remy700 dressed as a Tactical weapon. I shot them over long periods of time under many different conditions from 100 to 1,000 yards and formed these opinions from this experience after shooting, playing and thinking about the way these scopes function in the roles they are designed to operate in.

The only real scope selection criteria I had was very clear glass, reliable, sturdy, side focus, enough repeatable elevation and windage in 0.1 milrad clicks for at least 1,000 yards, approx. a 5-25x mag. range with a 20MOA base on a .308 chambered rifle, FFP milrad calibrated reticule useable at both ends of the mag. range (not too course or too fine) so I could use the hash marks for ranging, serviceable. It is harder than it looks to find all of these specs in one place but that was what I figured that I needed to be happy.

Cheers!
Go find me on snipershide and we'll have this chat.
Quickly...my comment above was more in fun antagonism than factual, but opinions on optics are like everything else. Everyone has more than one, and they are what they are.
Have you looked through the new Vortex Razor? Even the PST series is going to be a formidable adversary for the German stuff especially at half the price. Leupold finally saw the light and has a very decent FFP mil/mil line coming out (certainly not comparable to S&B or Ziess, but highly cost competitive). More than that, I don't really discuss much re: firearms or shooting, in public. I will say- been there, done that, doing that, and then some.
Sent you a PM