Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

GT500 Pedal Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 07:36 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: GT500 Pedal Pressure

lol, i dont think the OP wont mind, i think we answered his question pretty good.... As for modding... well everyone i know is talking crap because now that i got a car with great potential i dont wanna mod it.... i made the mistake on my last 3 cars and i wanna stick to my plan on this one.... on my 01 v6 mustang i bought it and a year later i blew every warranty i had.... car dyno'd at like 140ish stock and when i was done with it i dyno'd at over 330 to the wheels lol.... then i said i would hold off modding on my next car...... so i bought a 2005 evo 8..... well i held off alrght..... yeah 2 months of owning the car i had a full TBE, BC, Intake and tune adn i was running 12's at the track launching at 6500 all day... that was fun, but i blew my warranty on that too... i got rid of it cause i knew that if i kept driving that car that i would have eventually broke something costly on that car.... so then i got the 07 mustang gt and said i wouldnt mess with that one...... six months later i got a brenspeed tune with mac boom tubes and new motor mounts.... So as you can see i cant keep a promise to myself... but this car i seriously wanna keep, so its possible that stock might be the life of this car.... with so many modding this car there wont be to many stock ones i think... not saying i wont have fun in this car, this car is so much fun stock... well only time will tell...
Old 07-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

when the GT500 first came out I noticed the pedal was quite a bit heavy, especially when compared to a stock GT. We compared the 2 cars side by side at the new auto show. Then I tried the clutch on the new Corvette and it was significantly lighter.

Still, I would not want to get stuck in heavy traffic with either.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:29 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

yeah, i got stuck in 4hrs of traffic and that was to move a total of 20 miles, sucked big time..... but its definately worth the trade off to have it be able to hold all that power
Old 07-13-2008, 10:09 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TimeForPain

lol, i dont think the OP wont mind, i think we answered his question pretty good.... As for modding... well everyone i know is talking crap because now that i got a car with great potential i dont wanna mod it.... i made the mistake on my last 3 cars and i wanna stick to my plan on this one.... on my 01 v6 mustang i bought it and a year later i blew every warranty i had.... car dyno'd at like 140ish stock and when i was done with it i dyno'd at over 330 to the wheels lol.... then i said i would hold off modding on my next car...... so i bought a 2005 evo 8..... well i held off alrght..... yeah 2 months of owning the car i had a full TBE, BC, Intake and tune adn i was running 12's at the track launching at 6500 all day... that was fun, but i blew my warranty on that too... i got rid of it cause i knew that if i kept driving that car that i would have eventually broke something costly on that car.... so then i got the 07 mustang gt and said i wouldnt mess with that one...... six months later i got a brenspeed tune with mac boom tubes and new motor mounts.... So as you can see i cant keep a promise to myself... but this car i seriously wanna keep, so its possible that stock might be the life of this car.... with so many modding this car there wont be to many stock ones i think... not saying i wont have fun in this car, this car is so much fun stock... well only time will tell...
yeah I know the feeling....everyone is like telling me..hey get the supercharger upgrade...do this do that...change the suspension....change pullies etc./....nope...just going with the frrp CAI....may buy some shelby billet caps and already have the shelby signed dash plaque on my radar screen to get over the next couple weeks. other than that ..maybe a few more things that ford should have done initially like hood struts etc...I love this car as is...I truly do..I will never see a drag strip...so dont need 800rwhp or anything like that...jsut like to have the fun on the road....so you stick to your guns on the lack of modding etc....the obnly way I would mod this car is if I got a windfall of money and sent it to vegas to have the supersnake upgrade by shelby...other than that...I love it and pretty much will leave it as is.....talk at ya soon..>TJ
Old 07-13-2008, 07:38 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

ORIGINAL: TimeForPain

yeah I know the feeling....everyone is like telling me..hey get the supercharger upgrade...do this do that...change the suspension....change pullies etc./....nope...just going with the frrp CAI....may buy some shelby billet caps and already have the shelby signed dash plaque on my radar screen to get over the next couple weeks. other than that ..maybe a few more things that ford should have done initially like hood struts etc...I love this car as is...I truly do..I will never see a drag strip...so dont need 800rwhp or anything like that...jsut like to have the fun on the road....so you stick to your guns on the lack of modding etc....the obnly way I would mod this car is if I got a windfall of money and sent it to vegas to have the supersnake upgrade by shelby...other than that...I love it and pretty much will leave it as is.....talk at ya soon..>TJ
\\A+++++++++++WELL SAID!!!!!!!