Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Looked at a GT500KR today

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:18 AM
thewheelman
2nd Gear Member

No, what? I haven't driven a KR, but I'm not bashing them either. I think they are awesome cars but I like my 500 better.....price nothwithstanding.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:29 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
no offense taken....and you dont sound like a massengil....to answer your question....yes I have....drove awesome....worth the investment?? not for me...then again...plenty have said the same about stepping up from a GT to a gt500.....I just cant justify the money for its performance and look enhancements alone...that is all...will it outhandle my gt500....absolutely...is the look nicer....not nicer IMO ...equivalent and different...love the hood....the price hike is more for its rareness as opposed to its performance and look enhancements by far...and FOR ME...the rareness is not rare enough to justify the price tag as I am not a car in a bubble guy...I am a guy who buys it to drive it...not store it....but thats just me...
Makes a lot of sense to me...
Especially since the GT500 is getting cheaper
Old 01-15-2009, 06:37 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by The Potato
So I take it "no?"
have you driven one? as I replied above, I have...you have to remember to justify the worth of something is relative. there are tons of people out there that may say that it is worth it..(The KR) not because they necessarily have more money...but just what they percieve as value..so the fact that allot of people here made their opinions known on whether the KR is worth it or not.has less to do with if they drove it or not and more to what they feel is worth it to them...you have to agree that 75k for minimal performance increases over a GT500 is not really justifiable based on that by itself..so then it turns into vehicle uniqueness and rareness....it could get real fuzzy there as to what someone deems value. to me the value is not there because as stated earlier...I would feel like I should not drive it and these cars are too fun not to drive...so I will save the extra $$ upgrade my suspension...and enjoy driving my car...to a car collector..it will probably be almost worth it to them....
Old 01-15-2009, 07:54 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
have you driven one? as I replied above, I have...you have to remember to justify the worth of something is relative. there are tons of people out there that may say that it is worth it..(The KR) not because they necessarily have more money...but just what they percieve as value..so the fact that allot of people here made their opinions known on whether the KR is worth it or not.has less to do with if they drove it or not and more to what they feel is worth it to them...you have to agree that 75k for minimal performance increases over a GT500 is not really justifiable based on that by itself..so then it turns into vehicle uniqueness and rareness....it could get real fuzzy there as to what someone deems value. to me the value is not there because as stated earlier...I would feel like I should not drive it and these cars are too fun not to drive...so I will save the extra $$ upgrade my suspension...and enjoy driving my car...to a car collector..it will probably be almost worth it to them....
Nope, I wish I could drive one . But yeah, if I could afford a KR, I wouldn't buy one to modify it. I would buy it to just keep it under a cover for ~50 years or so.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Mullens
1st Gear Member

If I ever get that independently wealthy I'll buy a ZR1.