Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Nobody going for GT350's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

You pay alot for Carroll Shelby's name & some plastic bodywork I'm not even sure improves the look of the car! Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! The stock body on a Mustang is good enough for me & I can add on the engine mods without paying Shelby a small fortune! I went to the Las Vegas Shelby Shop & they told me I could spend $20K or $30K on top of the price of a new car! I can afford to buy any Shelby out there and the reason why... is that I don't give my money to Shelbys for their name! About half that price is for Shelby's name & number! I'll spend about $7 or 8K and name the car after myself!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:24 PM
MajMotorsports
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
They are going to be very rare. I believe I saw where they were only making 1000 units total. That or I thought I saw like anywhere from 600 to 1000 of the supercharged ones and so many of the N/A ones.

I know 600-1000 is a big difference when it comes to those numbers but I can't freaking remember which it was and now I can't find the info haha!
As of right now, the official number of 2011 GT350's built, is 164.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Put your own GT 350 together & I'll send you my signature to put on the dash for 8¢, plus shipping & handling!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:21 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Put your own GT 350 together & I'll send you my signature to put on the dash for 8¢, plus shipping & handling!
8 cents is too much!!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:31 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2cokeman
8 cents is too much!!

LOL....
Old 10-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
LOL....
OK, 4¢ then... & that's my last, best & final offer! (That's negotiation speak in case you wondered!)

All seriousness aside, the Boss 302 approach leaves me cold. It seems like alot of money for a car that doesn't do it for me. Except for the "cool name" is seems a poorer expenditure caught between a Shelby & a regular GT with a supercharger! Unless I'm going to take it to the track regularly, or risk other people's lives racing around turns & curves it doesn't offer me anything. For "responsible adults" if they still exist, which is questionable, straight line muscle car acceleration is about all that is relatively safe on highways today. Zero to sixtyish on a straight, safe highway, or a quick burst of acceleration on the highway is about all you can do responsively today! Mustangs are not great for holding turns in road racing, but if you're not on a closed course & you are taking blind turns at 80 mph you should be locked up before you kill some family! So... why spend alot for that greater cornering capability unless you're going to be putting it on the track. A car that is great in high speed turns has a downside driving it around town!

Here's my idea... I'd like Ford to put out a Boss 302 model with a supercharger at 540HP, forged pistons, rods & crank, Tremec trans & stronger clutch, big brakes, Bilstein type quality shocks & a pretty much stock suspension for a good ride (without Shelby's name) for $38,000 MSRP! It's very, very do-able & I'd sure buy one! It would the best of both worlds! It would run strong, stay together, & give you 27 MPG on highway trips! Hear that Ford... you should hire me! You can put my name on the car for 25% what you pay Shelby! Most people would think I was race driver that they just didn't know! LOL

Last edited by Mr. D; 10-29-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:53 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

video of the 2012 GT350 SC convertible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzuCE...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-30-2011, 03:59 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

That's a nice video, but **** it hasn't sold any because it's fugly and over-priced. The rear looks like a fat kid's face that's swollen from having wisdom teeth taken out. I'd rather have a Boss.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:30 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
You pay alot for Carroll Shelby's name & some plastic bodywork I'm not even sure improves the look of the car! Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! The stock body on a Mustang is good enough for me & I can add on the engine mods without paying Shelby a small fortune! I went to the Las Vegas Shelby Shop & they told me I could spend $20K or $30K on top of the price of a new car! I can afford to buy any Shelby out there and the reason why... is that I don't give my money to Shelbys for their name! About half that price is for Shelby's name & number! I'll spend about $7 or 8K and name the car after myself!
Old 11-04-2011, 01:05 PM
MajMotorsports
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
That's a nice video, but **** it hasn't sold any because it's fugly and over-priced. The rear looks like a fat kid's face that's swollen from having wisdom teeth taken out. I'd rather have a Boss.
Seriously guy you dont know about the GT350, Ford Dealers do not buy these cars to on their lots. Some dealers might get a 2012 GT and send it out to get convert then they add a $15000 "Shelby Charge" on top of the sticker price.

This is a post-title car, buyers will send their cars out to Vegas, from a Ford Dealer or straight from Detriot to be convert and the cars go back to the person who purchased it.

Anyway, the GT350 is more than the boss 302, but cheaper than Laguna Seca. You can build a GT350 around $60,000

Also its a limited run car, like i said only 164 2011 GT350 were built, 2012 GT350 might be more because of the additional colors and the convertible option.

Quick Reply: Nobody going for GT350's?