Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen - Stock Exhaust Modification

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 10:56 AM
HooperNH

Default Saleen - Stock Exhaust Modification

Howdy Forum... First post here. (I've copied and pasted this in 2 different places hoping to get some feedback).

Sort of always wanted a 99-2004 era mustang and finally found one last week that I couldn't resist so I went ahead and got it. As my title indicates it's a 2000 saleen w/ kenne bell s.c. Otherwise completely stock saleen other than a couple of minor cosmetic things. I'm new to mustangs/fords in general so I figure I'd come here to this forum and see what the mustang enthusiasts have to say before I start badgering some of my gearhead friends or the dudes at Borla etc...

I love everything about the car, except I wish it had a bit more "growl" in the exhaust. I don't want a zero backpressure tin can sounding dragster sound, just something a bit more aggressive than the regular stock saleen/borla exhaust that is on the car now. I'm hoping there is something a bonehead like me can handle in my garage with basic tools and mechanical ability... (hell it took me an hour to do the 20minute mach 1 3-pc grille delete). In an ideal world, direct replacement mufflers I'm thinking would be the most simple, but I really have no clue... I've never even looked under the car enough to tell what sort of nightmare getting to the mufflers might be but I assume not too bad. Nothing is rusted (car has never seen rain or been parked outdoors over night) so changing clamps should be simple enough, I prefer not to get into cutting things or welding if it can be avoided.

Anyway, that's where I'm at. I am open to any suggestions and ideas and thanks for allowing me to pick your brains.

John H.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:35 PM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

slp loudmouths are loud but might be too loud
Old 08-13-2012, 05:05 AM
mustangmike02
2nd Gear Member

join soec.org and saleenclubofamerica.com for info, two great sites