Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

RX-7?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 02:31 AM
Ducks03cobra
1st Gear Member

Default RX-7?

I got into a heated debate today in my Calc. class. A kid was raggin on mustangs, so i politely stepped in and asked him why he didnt like them. He responded because they are junk. I was like well what do you drive and he said a "mazda speed protege" Can you believe it? But the argument really started when he said his friends RX-7 with only an exhaust has never lost to a mustang. So, I said even the 03-04 cobras and he said he could outrun them all day. I was so pissed by then i just turned away. So i am asking you all if i was out of line to get pissed? I just personally did not think their 1.3 rotary made that much power.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:35 AM
Stinger
4th Gear Member

Default RE: RX-7?

LOL Ducks you can kill any freaking rx7 .. Just get some Nittos real soon bro that is ur weakness .Traction!!! Dude RX7 is a slug. My buddies 6 cyl Maro would beat them. The did make a little quicker one in the early 90s but nothing a Cobra cant handle, should of ask him to put his money where his mouth is. Also Doesnt FORD make mazda parts???i think ford bought half or something. But pretty sure they are link somehow.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:40 AM
Ducks03cobra
1st Gear Member

Thats what i was saying, he drives a mazda and was raggin on fords. I was not making fun of his ride. After i read my own post it seems like i did sorry all you mazda folk.
ohh by the way you can just call me duck
Old 09-09-2004, 02:42 AM
Sean
3rd Gear Member

I doubt with only exhuast he would outrun 03-04 cobras, but modded and look out.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:42 AM
Stinger
4th Gear Member

lol sorry duck.. NO i mean he can rag ford when ford wons most of mazda.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Stinger

LOL Ducks you can kill any freaking rx7 .. Just get some Nittos real soon bro that is ur weakness .Traction!!! Dude RX7 is a slug. My buddies 6 cyl Maro would beat them. The did make a little quicker one in the early 90s but nothing a Cobra cant handle, should of ask him to put his money where his mouth is. Also Doesnt FORD make mazda parts???i think ford bought half or something. But pretty sure they are link somehow.
Depends. If the RX7 is built, it's a nice healthy challenge for a Cobra. and Mazda makes Ford parts, not the other way around.

Old 09-09-2004, 02:48 AM
Ducks03cobra
1st Gear Member

Hey 2000si how does a rotary engine work anyhow?
Old 09-09-2004, 02:49 AM
EmptyEvergreen
3rd Gear Member

did ford fully buy mazda now or are they just affiliated ?
Old 09-09-2004, 07:23 AM
Mysterious
3rd Gear Member

If you want to know how the rotary works, just do some internet searching, it would be easier than explaining it all again.

RX7s are pretty slow for the most part. Yes they can be made to run, but those kids think they have the fastest rides on the planet. They will tell you John Force has a slow mustang too.

Unfortunately I am on this trip with a ricer kid who says he has an RX7, that first was running 11's, then 10's then 9's then 10's again then faster than whatever I have. They just dont understand that they arent fast. Stupidity I guess... Thats my explaination. (You also got the imfamous My buddies car can wax yours story)
Old 09-09-2004, 07:27 AM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Money where the mouth is. You will be able to take it if it really only has an exhaust. If they are built they will be one quick car. The only fast.... Do you know what year? That makes a difference but the fastest ones are the last body style I belive they are 93+ year, twin turbo, yummy!

Quick Reply: RX-7?