Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Cobra vs. STI

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 09:21 PM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Cobra vs. STI

so what do they trap at? you guys make it seem as they trap like a stock 5.0...14.6 @91
Old 02-05-2007, 09:24 PM
snakeman4life
4th Gear Member

100-102mph
Old 02-05-2007, 10:30 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: snakeman4life

ORIGINAL: bluebeastsrt

From personal experience I can say stock or close to stock STI's are low to mid 13 second cars on average. I've lost to them whenmy SRT-4was (stage 2 & street tires)and I've beat them (stage 2 and slicks) at the track in the past 2 years. I don't think they'd have trouble with a 97 cobra.
It would if the STI doesn't get a good start,they both trap about the same stock,and I'm not sure a STI would trap as good as one without a killer start.
Again just from my own experience they always get a killer start. I track race alot more than I street race. Your more likely to find some kid on the street blowing his AWD launch. The guys at the track are usally a little more serious and experienced at lauching their vehicles.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:40 PM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

100-102mph
hey my stock auto traps at 98 mph......so does this mean if i down shifted it in 2nd in a 40mph roll race ill hang with him
Old 02-05-2007, 10:47 PM
snakeman4life
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fiad06

100-102mph
hey my stock auto traps at 98 mph......so does this mean if i down shifted it in 2nd in a 40mph roll race ill hang with him
He would probably pull you a little,but he wouldn't just run off and leave you.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:37 AM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

im tired of this, im not makin this up, alright, at cecil county drag way i saw a quote 03 cobra only mod was an exhasut run a 12.5. the guy had all out drag slicks but thats all, first off second off stock w/out slicks yea ur right they run a 13.0-12.9 , but they dont have traction is the reason for that.
ORIGINAL: Hisss04Cobra

ORIGINAL: C6 VETTE

ORIGINAL: ih8chevy

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha rotflmao, yea right, the difference between a terminator and a sti stock for stock, is more than a second, and stock those sn cobras with real sticky tires run 13.40's all day, and with those mods 13.2 with good tires is def possible. damn u need to learn more
ORIGINAL: sstang

ur car isa 13.8 stock, w/ ur mods and goood tires i would say 13.2 at best
No way he is that low with those mods. I would say mid 13's at best. A modded STi would smoke you off the line and keep pullin. It's hard enough for a stockterminator to be a stock STi, much less a stockN/A cobra.
Hmm...13.5 second on the sti, and 12.9 on the terminator = .6 seconds...
And since a terminator can't beat a stock stiby more than .5 seco....wait a minute...

Please don't give inacurate info in this forum. Stock for stock there is'nt more than ahalf a second difference TOPS!!!!

Stock termies average (12.9 to 13.1)
stock STI's average (13.2 to 13.5)
Old 02-06-2007, 01:55 AM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

im tired of this, im not makin this up, alright, at cecil county drag way i saw a quote 03 cobra only mod was an exhasut run a 12.5. the guy had all out drag slicks but thats all, first off second off stock w/out slicks yea ur right they run a 13.0-12.9 , but they dont have traction is the reason for that.
ORIGINAL: Hisss04Cobra

ORIGINAL: C6 VETTE

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha rotflmao, yea right, the difference between a terminator and a sti stock for stock, is more than a second, and stock those sn cobras with real sticky tires run 13.40's all day, and with those mods 13.2 with good tires is def possible. damn u need to learn more

No way he is that low with those mods. I would say mid 13's at best. A modded STi would smoke you off the line and keep pullin. It's hard enough for a stockterminator to be a stock STi, much less a stockN/A cobra.
Hmm...13.5 second on the sti, and 12.9 on the terminator = .6 seconds...
And since a terminator can't beat a stock stiby more than .5 seco....wait a minute...

Please don't give inacurate info in this forum. Stock for stock there is'nt more than ahalf a second difference TOPS!!!!

Stock termies average (12.9 to 13.1)
stock STI's average (13.2 to 13.5)
I can agree with you on that a termie with exhaust and slicks could get a 12.5.....I'm not doubting that.....It's just both in stock form there is'nt a HUGE difference between them when it comes to dig runs......Roll runs is a different story...
Old 02-06-2007, 10:51 AM
s3cret_stang
2nd Gear Member

Hey I have gained respect for those subbys having racing a legacy. Now im thinking a legacy is basically a wrx and it gave me a run. Of course it took off on me though by the time we hit fourth I had put maybe a length if that. A wrx would probably beat me depending on how he took off, and I know an STI would rape me. If I didnt have those CAs put in I would of probably lost against a legacy. I did notice from a roll I was able to put more than one length on him, those cars are BEASTS from a dig.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:59 AM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

I know right? about as hard as a cup of old pudding..... that underrated 90 hp difference accounts for something. come on man, properly driven theterminator is a half second faster than an STI.

also, alot of guys are afraid to launch their STI's right. they go too low and bog and lose quite a bit of time and momentum. a well driven sti will hit low 13s, but without that magic launch u are looking in the far end there. 13.8ish maybe
Old 02-06-2007, 11:46 AM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

My friends STI was running mid 13's at 98-99mph. Has a few mods but only second time at the track and his clutch was messed up. He's upgraded his clutch since then and keeps asking when are we heading to the track.

Quick Reply: Cobra vs. STI