Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

OMG! I just lost to a Maxima!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 09:59 PM
05MustangD2Cbody

Default RE: OMG! I just lost to a Maxima!!!

Also race with just 1/12 of a tank. No need to lug that liquid around, it's a drag race, not a grand tour!

Yeah, and I also have the "want to mod but have no money" problem.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:23 AM
BrazoriaStang
1st Gear Member

Those body styles with the 5.0's are pretty slow. Back in the day a good friend of mine had a 95GT with a 5 speed, stock. I would street race him in my 93 dodge dakota with the 318 from a dead stop about a 1/4 mile. I would beat him every time by around 2 car lengths. Before anyone calls bs I will say that the dakota had a curb weight of a little less than 3300 lbs and came stock with 3.92 gears.
But look on the bright side, those engineshave huge aftermarket potential, and cheap.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:28 AM
bbbaycuuu
2nd Gear Member

question...how the hell do you advance your timing at home?
Old 06-06-2007, 01:07 AM
tp65
2nd Gear Member

wow, thanks for all the tips! Well i think im going to get the headers first and then pulleys.. How do you advance the timing your self? Im going to be on the highway alot so im going to get 3.73's.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Ahnial8u
3rd Gear Member

My buddy has a 3.5 SE and I'll admit that thing moved out with the quickness.. No shame man these newer cars are putting out some good HP. Congrats on the dig I would have thought he would rape you from a did and you would have done better from a roll..
Old 06-06-2007, 01:23 PM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

If I were you, I'd just deal with it.

You don't seem to have the super technological know how to do big stuff, so just be happy with what you have.

Don't worry, I'm in the same boat as you, just with a newer, bit quicker stang.

Sure i'd love to throw more and more money at it, but in the end, its just the car youre driving around for awhile.

Save up some money if you'd like, but dont worry about beating everything out on the road.

If in the future you would like to do some nice work, the car will be around, and that 5.0 of yours should fullfill just about anything you'd like to do in the future.

Exactly...if you're worried about beating everything, you should just give up your car now...there will always be someone faster
Old 06-06-2007, 01:24 PM
tp65
2nd Gear Member

i have a auto and lots of torque, thats why i got the jump when we did the dig
Old 06-06-2007, 01:25 PM
tp65
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT/SRT

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

If I were you, I'd just deal with it.

You don't seem to have the super technological know how to do big stuff, so just be happy with what you have.

Don't worry, I'm in the same boat as you, just with a newer, bit quicker stang.

Sure i'd love to throw more and more money at it, but in the end, its just the car youre driving around for awhile.

Save up some money if you'd like, but dont worry about beating everything out on the road.

If in the future you would like to do some nice work, the car will be around, and that 5.0 of yours should fullfill just about anything you'd like to do in the future.

Exactly...if you're worried about beating everything, you should just give up your car now...there will always be someone faster
Im not worried about everyone beating me, i just counld believe a "NISSAN" maxima was faster..
Old 06-06-2007, 01:34 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

5.0s respond well to mods. If all you have is that exhaust, I'd look into headers, CAI, roller rockers, gears(I prefer 3.73s, don't care what tranny you have, that's just my pref), shift kit, windage tray, UDPs, tune. You could mix a few of these together for the price of a cam after installation. Now the cheapest thing to do, is a simple tune-up. Could be one problem. Check the plugs, air filter, fluids, when was the tranny fluid changed last?. Another idea is to call Brenspeed, and just tell them you feel like your car needs some "awakening" and they can recommend some easy and cheap mods.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

An easy way to get more power, and not too expensive. By a tune, crank your car about 20-30 HP, the only problem is you will have to put 93 octane in your car, instead of Regular. A Chip like that goes for about $300. You should get a dyno afterwards. Most dynos give you 3 runs for about $100-150. Also, think about some pulleys, crank it up about 15 Horses. Good luck man!

Quick Reply: OMG! I just lost to a Maxima!!!