Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

03 Lightning vs 07 GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 01:28 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 03 Lightning vs 07 GT

ORIGINAL: Morbid Intentions

I respect your car I really do... and I think you have alot of tech info to offerbut I don't really think you should be talking about this subject if you think agen one lighting are the new ones with the supercharged 5.4L

I do have one of the vehicles in question, do you?

Old 12-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I respect your car I really do... and I think you have alot of tech info to offerbut I don't really think you should be talking about this subject if you think agen one lighting are the new ones with the supercharged 5.4L

I do have one of the vehicles in question, do you?

and this matters how?

this only solidifies my point that you might not be 100% when it comes to tech advice on a totally different platform of a car... the fact you got a gen1 5.8L and a gen2 5.4L confusedtells me you really don't know anything about the truck itself, and therefore really shouldn't be slandering it if you don't know the whole story

my grandma drives a Cadillac DTS.... I guess that means she knows what a CTS-V is capable of inside and out

owning a car has nothing to do with knowledge, and the fact you brought it up leads me to beleive you have nothing worthwhileto bring to the table

pick your battle next time... make sure you know what you are talking about
Old 12-14-2007, 01:44 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

and this matters how?

It matters because of your smartass comment below.

I was simply searching for posts about lightnings running 11's and there's no need to change the manual transmission in the new mustang in order to beat a lightning.

Don't talk about dollar for dollar if you don't really mean it. You can make 500+hp at the crank for $4k if you want, call brenspeed.com for more info.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

and this matters how?

Don't talk about dollar for dollar if you don't really mean it. You can make 500+hp at the crank for $4k if you want, call brenspeed.com for more info.

so a new shortblock and a supercharger route is costing you 4K now?

lol I think your biased nature you felt the need to imbelish that a little.... please don't give out info if it's not accurate... the supercharger alone will run you 6K+ just for the kit

I'd really like to hear this magical story of how you only spent 4K on your car, or any postedgeGT pushing 500RWHP

I think you should just admit you were wrong and stop this charade.... it's not my problem you had a difficult time handling my info... it is my problem recorrecting mis-information for the sake of other people that might want to know facts
Old 12-14-2007, 02:04 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

and this matters how?

so a new shortblock and a supercharger route is costing you 4K now?

lol I think your biased nature you felt the need to imbelish that a little.... please don't give out info if it's not accurate... the supercharger alone will run you 6K+ just for the kit

I'd really like to hear this magical story of how you only spent 4K on your car, or any postedgeGT pushing 500RWHP

I think you should just admit you were wrong and stop this charade.... it's not my problem you had a difficult time handling my info... it is my problem recorrecting mis-information for the sake of other people that might want to know facts
I'm talking about brenspeeds vortech kit. I spent $5700 for my whipple. You don't need a built block, but it would be nice. I could easily beat a lightning with much less power and for much less money, that's my point and your point was just the opposite. You'd rather tip toe around that though.

If you agree to stop posting about s197's which you clearly don't own and aren't up to date on then i'll agree to stop posting about lightnings.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

A used 2004 lighting will set you back more than a new mustang GT.
I'd also like to add this is wrong as well... A usedgreat condition lightning will run you about 18K, I know this because I was looking for some in the area last year

I diddn't really say anything wrong about the mustang.... you just seem hellbent on proving I did to make your lack of knowledge look miniscule, if you can agree not to get asshurt around every corner when the precious 3V is under question, sure I'll stop proving you wrong
Old 12-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

You don't need a built block, but it would be nice.
you do if you want to push 500RWHP.... but looking back you said crank horsepower knowing a stock block cannot handle these figures in RWHP.... well a lightning block can

theres my point. by the time you replace everything on the 3V the 5.4L would have taken all that time and money and made up it's weight disadvantage with raw power... it's just a better modder (in mods and modular engine), the fact you had a hard time accepting this isn't my problem and I won't drag this thread out anymore and let you have the last cocky know it all post

have fun
Old 12-14-2007, 02:15 PM
rd50stang
2nd Gear Member

[/align]
[blockquote]

I'd also like to add this is wrong as well... A usedgreat condition lightning will run you about 18K, I know this because I was looking for some in the area last year

I diddn't really say anything wrong about the mustang.... you just seem hellbent on proving I did to make your lack of knowledge look miniscule, if you can agree not to get asshurt around every corner when the precious 3V is under question, sure I'll stop proving you wrong
+1 on Lightnings being cheaper. NOw that i think about it the one i mentioned a few posts up is for sale right now for 19k. There is another 01 i know of that is for sale for 12k. And they are cheaper and easier to mod.[/blockquote]
Old 12-14-2007, 02:16 PM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The_Third_Horseman

I was out with my friend last night looking for some races. Couldnt find anything all night. I was sitting at a gas station talking on my cell phone when this guy in a SVT Lightning pulls up beside me and stops. He gives me a nod and a thumbs up and then points to the highway. Im guessing that he hadnt raced a new Stang or something and hes curious as to how he will do, I dunno. Seemed like a cool guy though. Well, un fortunately he kinda picked abad mustang to run, seeing as how my car looks 100% stock from the outside, theres no way he knew what he was in for. We get out onto the highway and hefloors it on the entrance ramp, but I kinda hold off because I wanna do it right, side by side with a fair start. I catch up to him and signalto him that Im gonna do 3 honks. We slow to about 45 and line up. I give the 3 honks, let him jump first to make sure, then I floor it and leap out ahead of him instantly . At the end of second Ive got like 3 lengths on him. By the end of third it seemed like 8 or 9, I mean I was really pulling him hard. By the end of4th he was fading pretty fast in the rearview. We got off at the next exit and pulled into a parking lot to talk. He was pretty stunned. He said "Please dont tell me thats stock". I was like no not really. He was cool so I poped the hood and showed him, made him feel a little better. Said I surprised the hell out of him. I always wanted to run a supercharged Lightning. It was pretty cool.
Sounds like fun...you've got an awesome set up.

I'd like to meet a GT like yours down here in Texas and see what happens.

I have a little less power and I could easily lose, but I'd do it for fun.

-Phil
Old 12-14-2007, 02:22 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

There you go again with the asshurt comments? I really don't appreciate these kinds of comments.

I found a 2004 lightning for $13,995, but that must be a misprint The majority seem to want $26k and up for them. I see how much I can get you a used 2005 mustang gt for.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...p;cardist=2103

Quick Reply: 03 Lightning vs 07 GT