Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

03 Lightning vs 07 GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 02:32 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 03 Lightning vs 07 GT

ORIGINAL: Morbid Intentions

you do if you want to push 500RWHP....

theres my point. by the time you replace everything on the 3V the 5.4L would have taken all that time and money and made up it's weight disadvantage with raw power... it's just a better modder (in mods and modular engine), the fact you had a hard time accepting this isn't my problem and I won't drag this thread out anymore and let you have the last cocky know it all post

have fun
Plenty of people are at 500rwhp and over on the stock block. Not something I would do, but it can be done even though you don't think it can. Again I will always be faster with less power because that weight disadvantage is huge, huge! I'd never throw my money at something that heavy. If I could have afforded a lighter car like the vette I surely would have.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

again... the world would be a better place without misinformation.... just what "majority" are you looking at to find used SVT linghtings going for 26K?

the absolute most expensive SVT lightning for sale on autotrader within the US and in my areaare as follows

if you want to look for 26K lightning be my guest... the fact remains you can find perfectly fine ones for 18-20K

sorry for posting again... just proving some bad info wrong... yet again

don't appreciate the asshurt comments? don't be asshurt... it's a simple concept

the mis information you are giving out is sort of appauling... 26K for a used lightning is laughable because nobody goes and looks for a used car and goes "lets get the most expensive one and call it a day!"

I could look for a stock 30K mustang GT but I'm not that desperate for info soI won't
Old 12-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: moosestang

you do if you want to push 500RWHP....

theres my point. by the time you replace everything on the 3V the 5.4L would have taken all that time and money and made up it's weight disadvantage with raw power... it's just a better modder (in mods and modular engine), the fact you had a hard time accepting this isn't my problem and I won't drag this thread out anymore and let you have the last cocky know it all post

have fun
Plenty of people are at 500rwhp and over on the stock block. Not something I would do, but it can be done even though you don't think it can.
oh it can be done.... a 300 shot on a C6 Z06 can be done too

LOOK

Old 12-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Guys, the Lightning has the potential to put down all kinds of numbers, but it seems the fact that the fact that they have a weak bottom end has been left out. It's not a forged engine like the Cobra. At least the bottom isn't. They can handle more than a GT, but it seriously takes load of power to get them mid-12s. With a good set of tires and control armsalong with my mods, I'm mid-ish 12s as well. From what I've experienced, the new GTs and the Machs are a close match mod for mod and equal drivers with the Mach a little ahead. I wouldn't go so far as to say a Lightning is a better platform for the money or whatever just because it is FI and can put down insane torque with a pulley swap. They are still massive and weigh 1000lbs more. Nothing at all wrong with either vehicle. Neither is better than the other. It's all a preference.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: Stone629

but it seems the fact that the fact that they have a weak bottom end has been left out. It's not a forged engine like the Cobra.
but it does have forged pistons... you would just need the crankshaft and rodsto have a full forged bottom end saving you money when all is said and done... my arguement isn't that either car is better as a whole, my statements were to the fact money into the lightning will yeild better gains and the engine is alot better thing to start with than a 3V 4.6L... there are stock SVT lightning running around 470-490RWHP very safely on meth injection on stock blockwith a ported eaton.... the breaking point is said to be around 450RWHP but many people have since proved that wrong with optimal tuning and a clean setup, as detonation occurs from the heat soak 90% of the time... and that heat soak lets the rods let go

meth injection with a full size intercooler andsuper octane gasis 80% of the battle in making the engine handle more power... espessially in a FI modular powerhouse

both cars are pretty equal in performance dollar for dollar... I never argued that fact, the things I am contesting are BS claims about atruck someone does not understand... and then pretending I have something against a 3v 4.6L andsaying I talkedbad about it to cover for his lack of info

this is what i get when I actually know something about a given car (truck in this case)... I give you guys info, but alas I'm not talking about the almighty 3V SOHC powerhouse that kills ferrari's and sprout angelic wings and fly off into the starry horizon on magical fairy dust stomping on LS7's and 6.1L HEMI's the whole way towards god's throneroom... the more people I see driving S197 GT's, the more ******** come out of the woodwork striving to proove their manhood

(no offense to the cool S197 owners)

[/end rant]

[/end thread... for me anyways]
Old 12-14-2007, 06:32 PM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

i raced one from a dig.i was like 2 cars before we shut down but i think i got the jump on him.it would have been real close if we would have taken off the same.i have a intake and canned tune only.be careful,those trucks can make 500 rwhp real easy with the right mods.
ORIGINAL: GT_Stang

Can a stock s197 beat a lightning?
Old 12-14-2007, 06:48 PM
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

I'm not up on my lightning specs, but lets see what it takes to get in the 11's with a lightning.

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gen-1-li...re-please.html
notice the gen 1.... you obviously aren't up to date on lightning specs if you think a gen 1 lightning has a FI 5.4L and not a N/A 5.8L carb engine, my points were actually pretty good.... you were just finding things to nitpick at because you have a 3V and want to defend it... it's to be expected

I respect your car I really do... and I think you have alot of tech info to offerbut I don't really think you should be talking about this subject if you think agen one lighting are the new ones with the supercharged 5.4L

this is what it takes to run 11's with a Gen 2
http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...ting54_26L.htm

and that's a 3K unit....
Your are not sayings it carburatred, are you?
Old 12-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: 94Blk5.0

I'm not up on my lightning specs, but lets see what it takes to get in the 11's with a lightning.

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gen-1-li...re-please.html
notice the gen 1.... you obviously aren't up to date on lightning specs if you think a gen 1 lightning has a FI 5.4L and not a N/A 5.8L carb engine, my points were actually pretty good.... you were just finding things to nitpick at because you have a 3V and want to defend it... it's to be expected

I respect your car I really do... and I think you have alot of tech info to offerbut I don't really think you should be talking about this subject if you think agen one lighting are the new ones with the supercharged 5.4L

this is what it takes to run 11's with a Gen 2
http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...ting54_26L.htm

and that's a 3K unit....
Your are not sayings it carburatred, are you?
lol to be honest last night I probably was... it was also 5 in the morning [8D]

good catch, the engines in the first gen lightings were indeed FI.... the thing that made those trucks shine were the stock 4.10's and the GT40 heads... they also got some hefty suspension tweaks that made those 4.10's really shine from a dig, but sadly enough the combo diddn't shine as bright as the GMC syclone [&:]

I have heard they handled on a dime and were fine tuned for that... but I have no first hand experience
Old 12-14-2007, 08:13 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Thanks for answering that! Morbid likes to leave those kinds of things out on purpose.

All the lightnings I looked at were 2004's by the way and not all of them were stock, but there were a lot of stock ones listed for $26k and up.

What did a 2004 lightning sell for brand new? (not a question for Morbid)

ORIGINAL: Stone629

Guys, the Lightning has the potential to put down all kinds of numbers, but it seems the fact that the fact that they have a weak bottom end has been left out. It's not a forged engine like the Cobra. At least the bottom isn't. They can handle more than a GT, but it seriously takes load of power to get them mid-12s. With a good set of tires and control armsalong with my mods, I'm mid-ish 12s as well. From what I've experienced, the new GTs and the Machs are a close match mod for mod and equal drivers with the Mach a little ahead. I wouldn't go so far as to say a Lightning is a better platform for the money or whatever just because it is FI and can put down insane torque with a pulley swap. They are still massive and weigh 1000lbs more. Nothing at all wrong with either vehicle. Neither is better than the other. It's all a preference.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:19 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

So now you're calling me an *******? Nice, classy, just like your buddy IWHINE. Must be how you were raised I guess.

the more ******** come out of the woodwork striving to proove their manhood

(no offense to the cool S197 owners)

[/end rant]

[/end thread... for me anyways]

Quick Reply: 03 Lightning vs 07 GT