SVT Forums

Question about 03 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 09:27 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Question about 03 cobra

I was talking about when you had said...

"Oh and when we were there talking to the guy he said he started his business from scratch and after reading an article somewhere I found out how. The people who were supplying him with the HE, water boxes, etc. he wasnt paying them for the parts. "

-As far as them giving you the wrong part... two things, one yes... if he gave wrong information - that's their bad... like i said everyone makes mistakes...

but your friend also needs to take responsibility for his car also - the rep from LFP should have known better - your absolutly right., but your friend needs to take responsbility for his Cobra....

- your 5 witnesses probably knew how much your friend did about his car... zero. and you saying on the internet that "you have 5 witnesses". means absolutley zero. I am on svtperf, and I havent seen many bad things written on there about LFP...

The funny thing about your story, is that if your friend had an eaton, and he bought an eaton pulley - it didn't fit because the person putting it on was incopetant... It's not like the Cobra parts are different... If you buy a Cobra kit for a lower and upper pulley its really like one size fits all - the brackets won't be different... it's possible he just gave you a kit for another car... that's a mistake. More or less sounds like a quality control issue.. the belt he gave your friend probably would've fit for the pulley kit he gave them, but since it didn't fit for one reason or another - it wouldn't have fit for another pulley. Why not use common sense? From what you're saying it sounds like he picked up the wrong box (which is wrong and there should be better quality control) and gave you the right belt for the wrong pulley setup... but the quality control aspect is even forgivable at something like ford weekend... it should've just taken a phone call saying "they gave me the wrong part, can i ship it back to you and have you ship me the right one, and either refund me any difference in price, or I will pay any difference in price". THat should've been it, thats my FIRST hand experiance with LFP.

You're just an idiot, and like most americans that think everything will be 100% perfect. instead, of finding a solution you find a reason to bitch at the problem. Every instance I have seem or heard about problems with LFP, they have been very good about getting it switched out. Furthermore, the whole "my friend had a bad experiance" - is a crock of ****. If your going to debate or argue about something that happened, make sure it's first hand experiance. because there is probably more there then what your friend told us. and please no s/ns saying "im his friend and this really happened just like he said" - thats also a crock.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

i use LFP all the time and have never had an issue ever. their stuff has all been top notch.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:47 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

I was talking about when you had said...

"Oh and when we were there talking to the guy he said he started his business from scratch and after reading an article somewhere I found out how. The people who were supplying him with the HE, water boxes, etc. he wasnt paying them for the parts. "

-As far as them giving you the wrong part... two things, one yes... if he gave wrong information - that's their bad... like i said everyone makes mistakes...

but your friend also needs to take responsibility for his car also - the rep from LFP should have known better - your absolutly right., but your friend needs to take responsbility for his Cobra....

- your 5 witnesses probably knew how much your friend did about his car... zero. and you saying on the internet that "you have 5 witnesses". means absolutley zero. I am on svtperf, and I havent seen many bad things written on there about LFP...

The funny thing about your story, is that if your friend had an eaton, and he bought an eaton pulley - it didn't fit because the person putting it on was incopetant... It's not like the Cobra parts are different... If you buy a Cobra kit for a lower and upper pulley its really like one size fits all - the brackets won't be different... it's possible he just gave you a kit for another car... that's a mistake. More or less sounds like a quality control issue.. the belt he gave your friend probably would've fit for the pulley kit he gave them, but since it didn't fit for one reason or another - it wouldn't have fit for another pulley. Why not use common sense? From what you're saying it sounds like he picked up the wrong box (which is wrong and there should be better quality control) and gave you the right belt for the wrong pulley setup... but the quality control aspect is even forgivable at something like ford weekend... it should've just taken a phone call saying "they gave me the wrong part, can i ship it back to you and have you ship me the right one, and either refund me any difference in price, or I will pay any difference in price". THat should've been it, thats my FIRST hand experiance with LFP.

You're just an idiot, and like most americans that think everything will be 100% perfect. instead, of finding a solution you find a reason to bitch at the problem. Every instance I have seem or heard about problems with LFP, they have been very good about getting it switched out. Furthermore, the whole "my friend had a bad experiance" - is a crock of ****. If your going to debate or argue about something that happened, make sure it's first hand experiance. because there is probably more there then what your friend told us. and please no s/ns saying "im his friend and this really happened just like he said" - thats also a crock.
You my friend are a moron b/c you have no clue of what you are saying.

It wasnt just a rep for LFP it was the OWNER.

Considering 2 of the witnesses are both certified mechanics on Ford vehicles and another person owning a Lightning and knowing about cobras and lightnings. A 4th person who has an 03 cobra. And the 5th person you got me is oen of the other guys little brother.

Oh and the part about my friend not knowing how to put the part on once again himself and another guy who works on cars for a living(who recently stripped down an 03 cobra motor recently and put it back together) both coudlnt get the bracket on the car. Another guy who is very Knowligable about cars said the same damn thing(all 3 are ford mechanics).

What is your next argument "Remind me never to go to that Ford dealership".

Oh and BTW my buddy has a LFP HE and LFP ice box on his car and both look good/fit good, but im sorry service like that should never happen. Every part he bought from them was just wrong. Oh and when you speak to the poeple on the phone usually you dont speak to the owner. When we were talking to him he said that he hires people like the 2 guys with him b/c they are good customer service people. Maybe he leans too much on customer service and lacks the knowing of what the *** he is talking about.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:47 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

You might be right... oh btw... Just so your aware... this is my again first hand experiance, with those type of people... you refer to.. your "friends".

an SVT mechanic at a very reputable dealership told me: "your radiator had no coolant left in it because your heat exchanger was leaking it, but your intercooler resovoir was still full"... do you see an issue with that?

An ASE Certified mechanic that owns a Lightning told me: "with svt's you have to change your fuel filter every oil change or else you car won't run right...." he then went on to tell me about the fuel system in my car... but, he was referring to the fuel system on the old 80's 302cid mustangs, not the 03/04 Cobra.. nor anything Fords used in a while.

---I know your defending your friends, but do you see an issue with this??? Furthermore, like I said I work in big business banking - the owner (while I haven't spoken/talked to him that i know of) doesn't really need to know about what he's selling in order to sell it. a good salesman can know nothing about product and still sell it.... What probably happened like I said, is that he sold your friend the right product, gave him the right specs - but handed him the wrong thing - again quality control.....

You take this as being personal... I only offered options at what happened... I didn't mean that your friends are ****tards and moron because they dont know how to put the right part on - I say that in one part but if you understood reading comprehension you would see that i had said several things... i just meant that it was one of two things.. either the wrong part was given or your friends were stupid - easily could've been either ones, but just because they're mechanics doesn't mean they know a dammm thing... It means they know how to follow directions and turn a wrench... I have had friends that were mechanics not be able to figure out how to get my alternator out (terminators alternators are a bitch the first time you figure out how to swap it)... but my friend that has 0% experiance working on car motors had an idea and did it... go figure!

Just because your friends have a 2003 Cobra, or a Lightning, or a Geo metro, or w/e they have - it doesn't mean they know anything - like i said mechanics are stupid, and don't know much... just as there are some IMPRESSIVE mechanics... You know I had a ASE Certified tech, ask me where I got my intercooler stenciled?? (I have a stenciled Heat exchanger)...

---Bad service happens... you better get use to it junior... bad service happens - the makings of a successful business is when the mistakes happen - how they fix them... If you want to buy something from somewhere that doesn't make mistakes, you better sell your Mustang.. I have bought parts from almost all the major distributors and have had issues with almost all of them atleast once... its just who fixes the error, that I buy from again.... Like Lightning Force Performance... (LFP)

but we've done enough hijacking of his thread, if you want to continue click your little pm button.