SVT Forums

I've found my Cobra!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 09:15 AM
ShaneHayes

Default I've found my Cobra!!!

It's a black 03' 10th Aniv. I'm so stoked to say the least. However, I can't pick it up until Thursday because I have to go on a buisness trip.ugh But, I closed the deal on the dude, signed the bill of sale, etc. The car is in immaculate condition! It has the basic bolt ons...chip, tune, CAI, and athroaty exhaust.

[img=http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8604/pb020318cn4.th.jpg]

Old 11-04-2007, 10:40 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: I've found my Cobra!!!

Congrats... it looks nice.

Question though... It's pullied.. but does it have the right cooling mods? Have you gotten the right compression/leakdown tests? Im just sayin to watch out...

but congrats, you're goin to love it!
Old 11-04-2007, 10:43 AM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Looks great, welcome to the club!
Old 11-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Razorsedgepit06
1st Gear Member

Wow, congrats man. Looks clean
Old 11-04-2007, 12:08 PM
ShaneHayes

thanks guys. as far as compression checks...that has not been done. if the motor has been taken care of just as good as the exeteior/interior, then it is good. i've looked at several Cobras and this is by far the cleanest...interior is immculate, exterior has no dents at all, no scratches...just a few small chips on the front, and that the edge of that plastic plate that is next to the door. going from an STi to a Cobra will surely be different.
i'm looking forward to meeting getting to know all of you all, and the locals here in ATL.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:10 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ShaneHayes

thanks guys. as far as compression checks...that has not been done. if the motor has been taken care of just as good as the exeteior/interior, then it is good. i've looked at several Cobras and this is by far the cleanest...interior is immculate, exterior has no dents at all, no scratches...just a few small chips on the front, and that the edge of that plastic plate that is next to the door. going from an STi to a Cobra will surely be different.
i'm looking forward to meeting getting to know all of you all, and the locals here in ATL.
Haha, now you'll get to feel what real muscle feels like.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:26 PM
ShaneHayes

ORIGINAL: AJ03SVT

now now...don't ever count the STi out.ha with just a tune and a full exhaust, i ran a 12.9 in the 1/4. car ran 295whp/342wtq...not bad for a 4 banger on stock turbo. but yeah, the Cobra is a different animal...a beast!lol
Old 11-04-2007, 10:31 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AJ03SVT

now now...don't ever count the STi out.ha with just a tune and a full exhaust, i ran a 12.9 in the 1/4. car ran 295whp/342wtq...not bad for a 4 banger on stock turbo. but yeah, the Cobra is a different animal...a beast!lol
Oh I know, but what it gets is from being lighter and more finely tuned. What you get from a Cobra is just ridiculous amounts of raw power. It feels so much better. Plus, exhaust on a V8 actually sounds good. There's nothing quite like flooring it and being deafened by the exhaust while the supercharger screams as loud as it can.