SVT Forums

Bought a '99 Cobra a few weeks back

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:17 PM
soccerman002
2nd Gear Member

The hood struts I ordered two nights ago have arrived, gonna slap them on this weekend.

Thanks for the input on the exhaust fellas, still doing some searching for that perfect setup.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:09 AM
562cobra
5th Gear Member

Very Nice. Black looks so perfect when clean.

I agree that a drop is needed.

You can always keep an eye on ebay for that rear bumper.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:21 AM
soccerman002
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, they seem to be near impossible to find used, b/c everyone that has one loves it, and everyone that doesn't have one wants it. Not any particular rush on it, just definitely think it sets off the rear of the car.

On a positive note, my MGW shifter, boot, and **** are scheduled to be delivered today!
Old 06-06-2009, 11:11 PM
soccerman002
2nd Gear Member

Thought I'd update with a few pics from the past weeks worth of mods. I just waited 'til everything came in before I started working on it all. My wife ended up going out with some friends last night, so I took a night for myself in the garage and did the short shifter. I read up on the install and it was recommended that the shifter stops be used for my transmission, so that added some time b/c I wanted to obviously get those perfect.

Only other things were the hood struts (no problem, just take your time), popping on some new wiper arms (no pics, pretty obvious), & the gauge rings and new clear gauge face (rings were kind of a bitch, but they went in).

I took the car for a test ride w/the new shifter and it feels solid, I think it's gonna be great. The shifts into 3rd and 5th are the most improved, felt like I was gonna throw my shoulder out using the stock setup, lol.

Anyway, here ya' go:

-MGW Short Shifter Assembly:

-Before it all went in; shifter body, adjustable arm, composite race ****:

-Redline Tuning Hood Struts:

-OEM replacement gauge face w/chrome face rings:

-Close up shot of Cobra composite ****:

Old 06-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Everything looks great!

I got the same shifter and shifter **** as you. The gauge rings look sweet!

I hated the stock shifter also! I actually ended up rotating the shifter handle a little closer to be about a month after driving. Remember that after about a month to make sure all the nuts n stuff are still tight and the shifter will losin up over time also (shift smoother). It only gets better!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:27 AM
soccerman002
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
Everything looks great!

I got the same shifter and shifter **** as you. The gauge rings look sweet!

I hated the stock shifter also! I actually ended up rotating the shifter handle a little closer to be about a month after driving. Remember that after about a month to make sure all the nuts n stuff are still tight and the shifter will losin up over time also (shift smoother). It only gets better!
Yeah, the throws are much shorter, but it's still pretty stiff and a little on the notchy side. Still an improvement over stock by far. Am gonna pull the shift boot off either this weekend or next weekend and make sure the shift stops are still good and everything is nice and tight.