The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Me vs. a 2006 Charger R/T Daytona...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 03:09 AM
JK59GT2000
Banned

^^ the cars are heavy as hell..but idk looks like a drivers race to me
Old 05-08-2009, 08:59 AM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

I say drivers race as well, you might take him from a dig but he would probably beat you from a roll with his superior horse power
Old 05-08-2009, 09:05 AM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

I don't know man, I think you could be in trouble. Good luck though, these things run better than most people think.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:58 PM
willys srt8
2nd Gear Member

what year datona? if it's a new 09 datona it has like 376 hp. what is your cars weight? if it's completly stock ie; wheels interior, etc. with the mods you have i still think you are in trouble. don't bet any money if you can't afford to lose. but run him anyway for the fun. tell us how it goes either way and GET VID!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Should be a good race.. Most def race from a dig.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Yeah guys, my car is completely stock other than what I've listed in my sig. I know that once his car has inertia in it's favour (roll race), the Daytona would slowly walk away. The Daytona is an '06 model and I've been in an "around the block" ride in it at WOT for a few blocks. My impression was that I would have a good chance in the 1/4. It does have 350bhp and 390ftlbs but it's a big car and felt that way. I understand modern cars can be deceiving in how they lay down their power, smoother and less raw in feel than an oldschool horse like mine but my SOTP feeling is that I "should" have enough to take him down. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it got around me in 4th when my car's bite becomes a little less than ferocious though lol. I have a brand new Ford Motorsport clutch and will probably add a pair of Nitto's and advance the timing a hair and then it's just run whatcha brung. We like our driving priviledges so we'll run them off at the Friday night Drags this summer. The only other races I've had is against an '05 S197 GT auto with my buddy in the seat. He's the same guy who has the LX Vert with the high comp DSS bullet motor, is 43 and an awesome driver. Although it would have gotten around me, I had a fender to a half car on him when I shut down midway through 4th. I raced an '04 M3 Vert with a similar outcome although I ripped that thing harder out of the hole because the young kid with his G/F couldn't drive. We went twice from a dig and once I got into 4th I could hear that sweet VANOS song at my passenger door but it was all me up to that point. Anyhow, thanks for the responses and input, I guess I'll find out soon. The Daytona driver is a smug SOB and thinks his car is the second coming of Christ. Hopefully I'll be able to run the 13's I feel the car is capable of under the right conditions and get in done. I'll have my car weighed to see if the techs at Ford were close in their estimate. They feel it's in the 3100lb range with 1/2 a tank of 94 and me in it. The Daytona has a curBurger King weight of 4100. That's certainly going help lol. Wish me luck!
Old 05-09-2009, 01:55 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Baddog
Yeah guys, my car is completely stock other than what I've listed in my sig. I know that once his car has inertia in it's favour (roll race), the Daytona would slowly walk away. The Daytona is an '06 model and I've been in an "around the block" ride in it at WOT for a few blocks. My impression was that I would have a good chance in the 1/4. It does have 350bhp and 390ftlbs but it's a big car and felt that way. I understand modern cars can be deceiving in how they lay down their power, smoother and less raw in feel than an oldschool horse like mine but my SOTP feeling is that I "should" have enough to take him down. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it got around me in 4th when my car's bite becomes a little less than ferocious though lol. I have a brand new Ford Motorsport clutch and will probably add a pair of Nitto's and advance the timing a hair and then it's just run whatcha brung. We like our driving priviledges so we'll run them off at the Friday night Drags this summer. The only other races I've had is against an '05 S197 GT auto with my buddy in the seat. He's the same guy who has the LX Vert with the high comp DSS bullet motor, is 43 and an awesome driver. Although it would have gotten around me, I had a fender to a half car on him when I shut down midway through 4th. I raced an '04 M3 Vert with a similar outcome although I ripped that thing harder out of the hole because the young kid with his G/F couldn't drive. We went twice from a dig and once I got into 4th I could hear that sweet VANOS song at my passenger door but it was all me up to that point. Anyhow, thanks for the responses and input, I guess I'll find out soon. The Daytona driver is a smug SOB and thinks his car is the second coming of Christ. Hopefully I'll be able to run the 13's I feel the car is capable of under the right conditions and get in done. I'll have my car weighed to see if the techs at Ford were close in their estimate. They feel it's in the 3100lb range with 1/2 a tank of 94 and me in it. The Daytona has a curBurger King weight of 4100. That's certainly going help lol. Wish me luck!
If launch really well then you can take him but he will pull on you. I've driven one and it didn't leave very hard because of tall gearing.

It's really tricky to go buy the SOP feeling when comparing a 5.0 to any car because our cars hit so hard down low. One of my buddies thought my car was faster then my buddies full bolt on Mach 1, even though I'm down a hundred horsepower.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:11 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
If launch really well then you can take him but he will pull on you. I've driven one and it didn't leave very hard because of tall gearing.

It's really tricky to go buy the SOP feeling when comparing a 5.0 to any car because our cars hit so hard down low. One of my buddies thought my car was faster then my buddies full bolt on Mach 1, even though I'm down a hundred horsepower.
So true...my car feels quite stout for what it is through the first 3 gears but it leaves that "want" when it hits 4th. I know the 3.55's are taller than most guys with my set up would choose but I want to use it for more than stoplight battles and plan a nice H/C/I in the near future. Emissions testing here in BC is my nemesis and I don't want to blow through 3 grand only to have a car that won't pass. I'm sticking to my guns in telling the guy I have him covered. And you know, although I really shouldn't, I'll be a tad pissed and disappointed if I'm on the receiving end of this one based on my impression of his car during the spin we took...
Old 05-09-2009, 10:23 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

I raced one at Norwalk last year and beat him by a bumper without powershifting. It ran about 13.7
Old 05-09-2009, 10:13 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

You can do a h/c/i swap and maitain all of your emmision control equipment. I can't see why it wouldn't pass