The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

5.7 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 02:34 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

You should take him if he's stock and you have an intake and tune. I raced a LS2 goat with my mustang at the track. He was basically stock and I had intake/tune, cams and 4.10s. We were neck in neck the entire way down the track. I now have a 04 GTO with L/T, catted X, cam, K&N intake and dyno tune. It puts down 390hp/360tq. Yesterday we had a dyno day sponsored by a local mustang club. After the event I played around with one of the mustangs. It was an 07 Mustang GT vert. Not sure what mods she did to the car. We both left the light a little aggressive and I pulled away. I wasn't sure if she wanted pull so I was in 3rd at 45 and she was right next to me and pulling but when I put in back in second, my car launched and pulled hard on her. She started laughing.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Those manual goats are a bitch to launch as well from what I have been told from owners and others as well.
Unless he's a good driver it can be difficult.

Get him from the launch.
I actually had a run in with one in the 06GT.
I beat him 3 of 3 times up until we got a bit past the 1/4mi range.
He finally would catch up to me then inch me out after that.

We were stock vs stock.
And I can tell you not only was he not a great driver... but I SUCKED at launching.
So you could be ahead of him till quite a high speed if you launch good and he is one of the guys that has problems with his at launch like many do.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:38 AM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTtony
Did u guys race yet?
im a little curious how it went down.
From personal EXP. i raced a 5.7 @ california spd wayI did a 14.2 the goat did a 14.4 mind u i drive a 03 vert. No cams no n2o, no LT's. just practice ur lanch and you will be fine.
Let me guess...Fontana on street tires?
Old 07-04-2011, 09:43 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by DrDeaths01GT
Well as far as I can tell he has no mods,not even a CAI as he loves showing off the motor.I have a CAI and bama race 93 tune,which according to him wont help my puny 4.6 at all! He is such a GM freak it makes me sick.And his is a automatic and I have a 5 speed so I might have a edge there.
Lmao I love these guys, my puny 4.6 will walk all over his 5.7 GTO alllll dayyyyy. I'd even give him a couple lengths.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:47 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by DrDeaths01GT
Well I can for sure tell you guys I am no good driver,I mean I can drive the car but I have never been to a dragstrip so I would probably spin off the line against him but it still should be fun none the less.I just gotta get him side by side at a light and its on,but this never seems to happen,he always leaves before me or some other excuse.He is really a decent person just hates the blue oval,while I on the other hand have respect for any kind of american muscle.I will keep u guys posted.
Have you just flat out asked him to line em up? Honestly it sounds like hes scared and just runs his mouth, walking mustangs all day to him probably means racing 94-04 3.8s.