The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Advice on next ride, SS is gone, looking for 12s

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 09:27 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Holy crap, Stone, are you ever gonna retire?!? Great choice on the SS catfish, though, pics please.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 97tplsGT
I knew you had an extensive past with the elesjuan, but I don't recall hearing about a procharged one. How in the hell have you been toying with SI's and colbalts and such after having power like that on tap??!?!? I think I have officially found someone "worse" than my dad about swapping around cars, lol. Nothing wrong with broadning your horizons and trying all realms of the performance world....

Just since I've "known" you, you coulda taken all the moniez spent on mods on the various rides and prolly paid for something outright.... not to mention the sales taxes and payments.... geeeeeeeez lol...

But, before it seems like Im ******* in ANY way, Ill tell you how much of an idiot I am.... we're in an interest only loan on our mortgage, refinanced twice in 2 years, and doubled our payments We all have to learn I reckon
Wellll, I am only 33, but I've probably owned and wasted more money on cars than people twice my age. Put it this way, as soon as you drive off the lot (or someone's driveway) after buying a car, you have lost money. As soon as you buy that first mod, you have lost money. Its an expensive hobby for sure. The 98 Z28 was paid for for awhile before I sold it, as was my GTO, WRX, one of my Machs, and a few of my wife's cars. Is it a waste of money, sure! Is it an *** load of fun and worth it? To me it is!! Don't get me wrong, I have my little retirement thing on the side, and I'm working on paying off my home, but everyone has their addiction and mine is no doubt speed. In all honesty, I had absolutely zero intentions on getting rid of the TBSS. I'm seriously a wee bit pissed about the whole deal, but all I can do is look on the bright side and move on, lol.

How do you go from 500whp to an SI or Cobalt? Hehe, trust me man, its pretty easy when you start ripping through transmissions and rear ends. Its a wonderful experience, but one that belongs to the wealthy. If you have to save $16k for 4 or 5 years to build up a car, or even a few months to buy just the blower set-up to put on a stock car.... well, you can't afford it. Stuff like that is for those who have money to burn, seriously. I was in a different position when I got into making decent HP, but unfortunately that ship has sailed. Best route for us types is to buy a car that's already modded if big power is the goal.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:09 PM
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

35th Anniversary, huh? Cool..Pics?

Last edited by 94Blk5.0; 07-21-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 94Blk5.0
35th Anniversary, huh? Cool..Pics?
Its on its way from Charlotte. I'll slap some pics and vids up asap. You still staying on Lake Wheeler Road?
Old 07-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by darkmach1
Holy crap, Stone, are you ever gonna retire?!? Great choice on the SS catfish, though, pics please.
Better talk to Obama about that one. If the market would come back and we still have social security in 30 years, I definitely plan on it!

Thanks man! How's that TBSS treating ya? Happy with it?

Pics asap. Its supposed to be here by next week.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:48 PM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Don't know if this ride has been mentioned...

You have a family, right? I'm usually not partial to stuff like this, but a recent run in with one makes me think...

Dodge Caliber SRT4.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moochman4life
Don't know if this ride has been mentioned...

You have a family, right? I'm usually not partial to stuff like this, but a recent run in with one makes me think...

Dodge Caliber SRT4.
I actually like those. Main reason I steered away is the massive torque steer, and all the smack people would talk, haha. Suckers are quick though, and mod very well.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:08 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Identical to this one, same wheels, etc.

http://images1.americanlisted.com/nl...s_26532573.jpg
Old 07-21-2011, 11:21 PM
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Its on its way from Charlotte. I'll slap some pics and vids up asap. You still staying on Lake Wheeler Road?
Sweet. Badass car. My first experience with a fast car was an '02 WS6... needless to say, it made an impression. Mad props to LS1 cars.

I finished school and I am back home... 5 minutes from Piedmont Dragway if you make out that way, $20 will get you all the 1/8th mile runs you want on test and tune night. Usually decent to good track prep.

My brother is still in school at State though... red 2V on bullitts. Throw him a rev if you see him.

Last edited by 94Blk5.0; 07-21-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 97tplsGT
How the HELL do you know Mr. Hubbard? Super great dude, great businessman, and takes PRIDE in what he sells. Thats who my ol man has dealt with on his last..... 4 cobras I think? Lol, he's only 20min away from me, I snoop through his lot all the time. HIGHLY recommended to anyone looking for a highpowered ride. (He also holds a couple vettes and Machs as well)

Edit: now now now, don't be so quick to hate on the 6'er + blower idea.... procharged 3.7 + 425"whp" = real fun sleeper But then you're talkn used 5.0 pricerange.... which is exactly why Im not even thinking about making that $5500 leap yet haha.

Again Stonie, I really hate to hear another case of bad things happening to good folks. And, btw, Ive had the same 6-7 pair of draws for a couple years, you DEF have that beat with your whips
My buddy in Chicago is an acquaintence of Rob. I bought my 04 Mach 1 through him last September. Gave me a good deal on the car, allowed a Mechanic to come and check the car out, did a Compression/leak down test for me as well. Not to mention, he found a carrier to deliver my car.

He is a great guy, very friendly, and will work with anyone.

Quick Reply: Advice on next ride, SS is gone, looking for 12s