Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

Stay away from

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 04:29 PM
DCzapla
1st Gear Member

I don't understand people who want to get more power out of a V-6. This is exactly why I will take my Mustang to the experts to have it tuned, BTW mine is a GT.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:03 PM
zanypunk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFTW
this definitely sounds like an air leak, a trick i use on my mustang is to spray carb cleaner around any place i feel might be leaking, say it was your head gasket, spray between the head and the block, if the rpms jump and hold for a second you found the problem. not sure how well this works with newer engines but it works great on older ones.
I wouldn't spray carb cleaner. :P Not recommended, that's old school :P
Old 03-03-2012, 05:17 PM
zanypunk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Solitear
how do you install that incorrectly O.o...

But this does sound like an issue on your side and not AM side be happy that they are bending over backwards for you.... they technically don't have too since it isn't their product that caused the issue...
You shouldn't judge him, maybe he installed it wrong. But I've had a couple of people come in with wrong tunes. Specially for stickshfits, some tuner installed an automatic tune. I've seen tunes causing problems before so... You can't assume he's a dumb *** in your eyes.

Note: I had a customer come in once with a small air leak between the throttle after the person installed a spacer on his 08 mustang.
His complaint was that whenever he would drive it after a while and then tried to put it into park from drive, it'll stalled. It was driving him nuts, he said he rechecked everything. That's what he said.
To make things short, there was a loose bolt under the spacer that was causing the problem. "The smallest things can cause the biggest problems"