V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Door ajar sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 03:46 PM
blknismo180
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Door ajar sensor?

ORIGINAL: amrcnidyot

ORIGINAL: blknismo180

well the problem i have is more electrical....i found out from a ford master tech that my door was open..... well the sensor was reading it as open... he said remove the sensor and itll say its closed and the dome light wont be on all the time and you wont hear a ding when your in the accessory position....so im trying to find that sensor, pull it and replace my dome light....lol

i hope this helps clerify my question.
how do you know its electrical? unless you pulled the sensor and tested it i dont know how you would know.
ummm actually i did test...with a ford diagnostic tool wich tested all the sensors and it came up as the door was still open even when it was closed.
so it is electrical because my door closes but reads that its open constantly...
Old 12-12-2007, 07:36 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

well the problem i have is more electrical....i found out from a ford master tech that my door was open..... well the sensor was reading it as open... he said remove the sensor and itll say its closed and the dome light wont be on all the time and you wont hear a ding when your in the accessory position....so im trying to find that sensor, pull it and replace my dome light....lol

how do you know its electrical? unless you pulled the sensor and tested it i dont know how you would know.
ummm actually i did test...with a ford diagnostic tool wich tested all the sensors and it came up as the door was still open even when it was closed.
so it is electrical because my door closes but reads that its open constantly...
that doesnt mean its electrical, thats exactly how mine was. i could shut the door but the car thougth the door was still open.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:57 PM
blknismo180
2nd Gear Member

that doesnt mean its electrical, thats exactly how mine was. i could shut the door but the car thougth the door was still open.

so how did you fix your problem and
wut tool do you need to take the door jam off?
Old 12-13-2007, 04:09 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Spray WD-40 in it and it will let the circuit open causing the light to go off when the door is closed. it's electrical because it's stuck, so unstick it.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:16 AM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

so how did you fix your problem and
wut tool do you need to take the door jam off?
you dont need to take anything apart,
it is probably just stuck. mine did it a while back and i heard it is a fairly common problem. spray some wd40 inside the lock from the outside. dont be afraid to spray too much. then shut the door and open it and spray more. do that a couple times and see if it works then. it worked for mine and ive probably been going at least a year without another problem.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:28 PM
Amanda Lawrence Morquecho

Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by amrcnidyot
it is probably just stuck. mine did it a while back and i heard it is a fairly common problem. spray some wd40 inside the lock from the outside. dont be afraid to spray too much. then shut the door and open it and spray more. do that a couple times and see if it works then. it worked for mine and ive probably been going at least a year without another problem.
WD40 worked for ours too. Try this first.