V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Mach 1 catback

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:24 PM
The Yellow Pinto

Default RE: Mach 1 catback

flowmaster 40s sound like crap on a v6? i think they sound great.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7dYKA3G9J...eature=related

doesnt sound like a v8, but sounds a million times better than stock.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:41 PM
RED2000
2nd Gear Member

Yea, i cant argue that they sound good down low, but now with the procharger i love hearing the whistle. I just want something that is a little toned down. Mach 1 mufflers are different than gt ones. They are a little more aggressive sounding. I hate when i drop a gear and all i hear is a loud horn. People following me say that it sounds like a train horn. lol I cant find any videos that have a mach catback. Warrior62 what did you have done to your v6?
Old 03-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Warrior62
1st Gear Member

Lol horn...that keep me laughing. Im so sorry to hear that. Theres no way any mustang driver should deal with that. And it is procharged...cool, I think Im going the ATI route myself. So then What is this rebuild you speak of in your sig? God, i hope youcreate one BA six. Gotta show up guys that go out and buy a stock gt like dickwhitham and laugh at v6ers. I started with one and I know before too long I'll start building another, I'm helping a friend out with his now. For my sixxer's exhaust, before I got rid of the stock headers (which i wouldn't advise, they are already pretty high flow) I put on a full Pypes system( they are new but i heard good things). If you want something quiet (but not too quiet) until you step on it, that set-up is one i know for sure works. It was a tru-dual with two high flo cats and a x pipe. I did the whole install, just one big bolt on project, no wielding or even having to drop the axle, complete floorjack/garage floor- 2am install before christmas eve day. aLOT OF FUN LOL. I def. picked up some ponies afterward. At first I wasn't too fond of it, but after two days of break in and letting the carbon inside build up, I was impressed. It was only like a $500 kit. My jaw really dropped though when I had my friend take off in it as i stood behind the car WOW! I miss her. If you want your car to sound good and hear the supercharger whine all ahile getting a good deal just check out pypes. Saved me a lot in the end.Idk, i'll grab a link. Tell me, what made you choose procharger over paxton or vortech? They all run the same psi, i think with like vortech you just buy the name.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Warrior62
1st Gear Member

MMMMMMMMMMM......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fg2VX-RGxU

Same car-inside
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXWwM...eature=related
Old 03-27-2008, 09:14 PM
dickwitham
1st Gear Member

internet fighting FTW (tough guy)

Old 03-27-2008, 09:29 PM
RED2000
2nd Gear Member

If thats a v6, tell me where i can get those! Sadly it sounds too good to be a v6...

Well...i wanted ATI because its intercooled and because i picked up a full kit for $1200 on ebay.
For the rest of my car, i am going to make a album of my buildup. Getting it tuned friday or saturday hopefully
Old 03-28-2008, 08:37 AM
dickwitham
1st Gear Member

if thats a V6 its the best sounding i have ever heard...
Old 03-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Warrior62
1st Gear Member

This one even states its a 3.8..This is just what mine idled like...
Opps-one sec
I'll check and see if i can find one that is def. a v6 at takeoff.

$1200 a good deal, my setup will probably be around there too. Have fun with the tuning, itll be the best day in your life.lol. I already have my sct livewire from the six, all i need is the rest for the gt. And if you do consider pypes DO NOT order from RPM outlet. 80% Of people here will agree, though its a good deal. Just ask around, or run a search on their business.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Warrior62
1st Gear Member

Here you go, this one's not too bad..some peoples cameras just buzz...This is a great example other that he def. did the exhaust himself, there's a big leak, you can here the ticking when he passes for the first takeoff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLQboRNCQMs
Old 03-28-2008, 12:19 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Warrior62
I put on a full Pypes system( they are new but i heard good things).
Show's you might be bigger on the net than in person. Pypes suck, and they aren't "new" by any means. Glad you liked all that power you got from opening up your exhaust on a V6.

RED: The Mach take off cat back would be good for what you are looking to do. The inside is slightly more open than the stock GT mufflers. What mid pipe are you running? That will help with toning it down as well. A good set of cats won't hurt as much as some claim, and really keep it mellow for you.

Quick Reply: Mach 1 catback