V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Help needed ( electrical/steering/suspension/exhaust)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 10:43 AM
4thGen_Idiot

Default Help needed ( electrical/steering/suspension/exhaust)

First time posting here, owner of a 94 with a 3.8 convertible. I've gone through two warranty jobs for my rack, and from the distributors at work there's only 10 left in the states for power racks. Wondering how difficult/different it would be to put a manual rack instead of a power rack, since all the parts I have are new but have been sitting so the seals are shot.

The electric issues I have are that the headlights are dependent on bumps in the road, I've checked the housing( they move but not blown/broken) and I feel like it's the instrument cluster since other gages don't work/don't light up all the way. Currently judging speed off of when it shifts. Is there a way I can either A) rig aftermarket gages to read speed/RPMs/coolant temp/fuel or B) figure out what part needs replaced? I've tried searching online and through my parts distributors through work, no dice.

It also shakes above 70mph and at idle/surges at idle, which I do know is it's running lean from either O2 sensors or clogged cats, but it also could be that the radiator fan motor died, will be replaced when the part comes from TX on Tuesday. Or it could be the soft top lock that latches to the windshield frame being junk, not completely sure. If the cats are clogged, would going catless help/solve the issue if I put it put the side between the rear wheel/driver door?

I understand that the rear wheels cannot be aligned, but i feel like my rear wheels are wobbly/going in-out when in slow speeds/ acceleration from slow speeds and stop at around 30mph.

Any and all help is useful.