Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 09:45 AM
CaSh69JuE
1st Gear Member

Default Exhaust Question

This is my first post, I am gettin my new 06 Mustang in the next month or so and I am already lookin at things to do to it, since I am gettin the V6 model, it only comes with single exhaust, I really can't have a Mustang without it being dual. The problem is, that with my last car, i had an exhaust system on it that got rather annoying, and drew too much attention from the police. Any suggestions on what to do?
Old 03-29-2006, 11:29 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust Question

ORIGINAL: CaSh69JuE

This is my first post, I am gettin my new 06 Mustang in the next month or so and I am already lookin at things to do to it, since I am gettin the V6 model, it only comes with single exhaust, I really can't have a Mustang without it being dual. The problem is, that with my last car, i had an exhaust system on it that got rather annoying, and drew too much attention from the police. Any suggestions on what to do?
Considering you want dual, and want a good sound that will not draw attention I would reccomend you go with GT take off pipes, GT take off H pipe and GT hangers and mufflers. This is one of the cheapest dual setups you can get and everyone that has done it loves it. Several people have done it, just run a search on the forums and you will see detailed threads on it.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:09 PM
CaSh69JuE
1st Gear Member

does it come with silencers or can I get them? my old car was like a ricer and i know the stang would sound better, but like i said i dont wanna draw attention. Also, how much do u think it costs?
Old 03-29-2006, 09:16 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

there is a post "Exhaust Sound Clips" about 10 from the top but here is a clip of someone's with the GT takeoff that sound great

http://media.putfile.com/GT-takeoff

ORIGINAL: CaSh69JuE

Old 03-29-2006, 09:54 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

yep i just put gt takeoffs on they sound greak, except my shop didnt do an h pipe so it is ricey at high rpms, but down low it sounds mean! i smiled from ear to ear when i started it the first time, then it turned into a frown when i got on the road and got itover 4000! so im going to get an h tomorrow probably
Old 04-03-2006, 03:41 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

the gt take offs look great and they dont sound too loud, you can find them on casco...a lot of people say ebay, i but i have never seen them there. you also may find it easier to post in the gt section something like "wtb take off exhaust"

if you want to go for something a bit louder, but not too loud, i think that the jba system sounds great, and also looks great
the place to get this for the best price is www.rpmoutlet.com

if you don't want to go with cutting your bumper, you can find a gt bumper on www.v6mustangstuff.com for a pretty good price (better than what ford would give you for sure....pssh...trying to sell me a bumper for 2k)

also, right now a lot of people like the MRTs because they seem to give a lot of people, but as i hear they are VERY loud, so you may just want to keep that in mind while you are out on the

oh, i just read your second post, so here goes:
they will not have silencers, but none of these would be that loud, so you dont have to worry about that

prices go something like this
gt take off: $100
jba dual: $500
bumper: $200

shipping will also cost because these are big
Old 04-03-2006, 06:03 AM
CaSh69JuE
1st Gear Member

so far ive come to gettin GT Takeoffs with an x-pipe and then what for the quietest possible sound?
Old 04-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

Heres what you need to buy.... A left side GT takoff midpipe, both gt takoff mufflers, and the GT takeoff h-pipe. Go to your local shop, tell them you want the y-pipe cut, and the gt-h-pipe welded in. Then tell them to run the gt-takeoff left mid pipe to the gt takeoff muffler. Then have them install the right side muffler.
Total costs (estimated)
2 gt-takeoff mufflers- $60 + shipping
gt takeoff h-pipe- $65 + shipping
New gt midpipe from ford- $78 + shipping
shop install - $200