Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Should have bought a GT comments

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 12:55 PM
andrews0915
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Should have bought a GT comments

I agree that it is generally people with terrible cars that say stuff like that. I pulled into the parking lot of my job this one morning and there was a guy just getting out of his Porsche Carrera GT and he asked me what engine I had. I told him the six and he said he thought it would be a ton of fun, and started asking me about what mods people do and stuff. This all while his beast of a car is parked right next to us, finally I got to talk to him about his sweet ride.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:06 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andrews0915

I agree that it is generally people with terrible cars that say stuff like that. I pulled into the parking lot of my job this one morning and there was a guy just getting out of his Porsche Carrera GT and he asked me what engine I had. I told him the six and he said he thought it would be a ton of fun, and started asking me about what mods people do and stuff. This all while his beast of a car is parked right next to us, finally I got to talk to him about his sweet ride.
Real car enthusiasts appreciate engines regardless of displacement. I had a guy ask me about my six and he had a 9 second dedicated track car in a trailer. It's not just about speed, but how much fun you have driving it. When you really enjoy your car, when is it? For me it's at the track, but my point is it is also cruising around with the windows down, good tunes, baby was just washed, just cruising. Enjoying the looks, getting a thumbs up from the person next to me, that sort of thing. And that is where the V6 or the V8 come togather, both are beatuiful cars, and get props in the cruising and looks department.

And hind sight 20/20....I should have gotten a vert! LOL. Nothing like driving around with the top down.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:35 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: andrews0915

Real car enthusiasts appreciate engines regardless of displacement. I had a guy ask me about my six and he had a 9 second dedicated track car in a trailer. It's not just about speed, but how much fun you have driving it. When you really enjoy your car, when is it? For me it's at the track, but my point is it is also cruising around with the windows down, good tunes, baby was just washed, just cruising. Enjoying the looks, getting a thumbs up from the person next to me, that sort of thing. And that is where the V6 or the V8 come togather, both are beatuiful cars, and get props in the cruising and looks department.

And hind sight 20/20....I should have gotten a vert! LOL. Nothing like driving around with the top down.
Exactly. For me, the enjoyment is just cruising around on either some curvy roads or a good straightaway, especially on a sunny day like yesterday.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:41 PM
MaddieMustang
1st Gear Member

I LOVE my V6! Of course I originally wanted a GT... the V8 with that heavenly rumble. But to have nearly the same car for less the price, better gas mileage, lower payments and lower insurance... TOTALLY worth it!! I love my V6 and wouldn't trade her for the world... except for maybe a new Shelby
Old 04-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

I agree with Maddie, wouldn't trade her for the world. Besides I think those GEE TEAs come with a attitude in a glove box for being better then everyone. The guys that act like that just dont understand the car and its history.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:12 PM
MaddieMustang
1st Gear Member

and ya know, it really shouldnt matter anymore who get's what type of mustang... maybe before when the v6 had jack**** power and was practically a 4 banger, but now, hey it's great to say "yes, I own a Mustang!" It really shouldn't matter whether it's a V6, V8, Cobra, Roush, whatever. A Mustang is a Mustang is a Mustang!!! And for people who say "You should've bought a GT" like someone else said, you watch them getting into their Civic and say "You should've bought a Mustang."
Old 04-14-2006, 05:49 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ya, not too many v6 cars under 20k that can run a 14 second quarter mile with just a tune (14.91 here lol)
Old 04-14-2006, 05:50 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

like they say about opinions are like a$$holes - they all stink and everyone has them.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:18 PM
WolfRhan

Which reminds me ....

We have one of those guys at work, why didn't you buy the GT, why did you get green etc? Cuz it's my money & I like the green V6 A-hole.

So one day were going to lunch, and as he's getting into my car I hear THHHrrrrpppppp ! Argh, what was that? Do I need to wind the windows down or what? I thought the guy was probably nervous but heck I was only going to go slow. ish.

Well it turns out he hadn't kecked his pants, just ripped them right in half. I kid you not, I have to drive him to his car so everyone wouldn't have to see his bare butt flapping in the breeze.

So there you go, half these haters can't even get into a Mustang without embarrasing themselves. Jeez if I'd wanted to haul fat old men around town I'd have bought a Freestyle or whatever thay call that thing